Seventeen

A vacation is exactly what Layla Mikaelson-Hale and Emmett Cullen needed. They've done talked about the baby's name, walking around the beach, etc,. Layla woke up and smiled as she rested up. Emmett walked in and smiled as he saw her awake. "I see you are awake."

"Yeah." She said as she placed her hand on her bump. "I've been thinking about something."

"What would that be?"

"Can we just stay here till the battle is over with?" She asked him. "It's too stressful for me and by that time, I'll be due around that time."

Emmett sat down on the bed as he knew she was right. She's due any time and it would be their luck that she delivers on the day during battle. Plus, the newborn army is more focused on Bella Swan then they were on Hope and Layla. "I think us staying here will be fine, but when we are close to the date,  we have to go back."

Layla nodded. "Okay."
~~~
In Forks, Bella came back from her trip with Jacob, but she noticed a missing Layla and Emmett. "Where's Layla and Emmett?"

"That's none of your business." Hope tells her. "You are not her sister, her family, or her friend. So don't ask about my sister's whereabouts."

Bella looked at Edward as he tried his best not to laugh. She walked away and over to Jacob as Edward looked at Hope. "Where did they go?"

"On vacation away from all the stress. It's not good for the baby."

Edward nodded as Alice and Jasper walked over to them. "Their discussing about the wedding, the baby's name, etc,." Alice said. "Layla was the one who suggested they not get involved in what we are afraid might happen."

"So we are going to focus on school and see what the next move is." Jasper said. "After this, I think Carlisle wants all of us to leave so we won't have to deal with Bella Swan no more."

They nodded and walked in the school. Hope stopped seeing Bella and Jacob kissing causing her to roll her eyes. "She is really trying."

"I have you." Edward tells her. "My mate. She knows I don't love her anymore. It's you I love."

Hope smiled as she kissed him as they walked in. "I love you."
~~~
"Mom, I find it refreshing." She said as she was going through the books. "We all know that this isn't our battle, but daddy has a heart of gold as my other dad doesn't care."

"Well, we have been talking and we think it's time for us to all leave once we know what the next move is. So you won't have anything to worry about a certain human when it comes to Bella anymore."

"Way a head of you." She said as she saw Emmett with logs. "That boy."

"What?"

"Nothing, mom. I'll talk to you later. It's movie night with my soon to be husband."

Emmett put the logs in the fire place and walked over to Layla. "Ready to watch that movie."

"You know I am."

Emmett put the dvd on causing Layla to smile. Everything was perfect for them. They were just waiting for the events that is ahead of them to happen so they could enjoy the rest of their lives in peace.