Eighteen

When the battle came, Layla was relaxing. Emmett was hunting. She heard from her family and knew the battle was about to start. All because of a human named Bella Swan. Layla gasped in pain as she held her stomach. "Okay, I don't like this pain at all." She said as she called her father. "Daddy, the battle didn't started yet, has it?"

"No, is something wrong."

"I don't know if the baby is coming or it's stress, but I'm in a lot of pain..." Her eyes widened as she trailed off. She looked down to see water.

"Layla?"

"Daddy, I think my water just broke."

Emmett ran in and picked his mate up. "Carlisle, I'm taking her to the near by hospital."
~~~
At the hospital, Layla screamed out in pain as this was something she was not expecting to happen. "Emmett!"

"I'm right here, baby." He tells her as he grabbed her hand. "Listen to the doctor."

"I've been doing that for four hours now." She tells him.

Emmett smiled as he didn't know what else to say. Layla looked at Emmett as she cried. "I love you, Layla."

"I love you, Emmett." She said as she cried out in pain.
~~~
After the battle and the meeting with the Volturi guards, the Cullens and the Mikaelsons arrived at the hospital that Layla was in. Katie and Klaus ran in and saw the doctor. "Where's Layla?"

"In her room." The doctor said smiling. "Her, her fiancée and their daughter are okay."

They all walked towards the room that held Layla and saw Emmett walk out with his daughter. "Meet Esmeralda Lillian Cullen."

"She's beautiful." Katie said as she knew her baby won't be here till later.

"How much longer for you, mom?" Hope asked.

"In a couple more days." She said as she saw Carlisle walk out of Layla's room. "Asleep?"

He nodded. "We should all go home and rest. Emmett will be here with Layla and Esmeralda."

They all nodded as Emmett walked back in as his daughter was taken to the nursery to rest. He sat down as Layla looked at him. "When's the wedding?"

"Soon." He tells her. "Very soon."

Layla smiled as she kissed him. She has everything she ever wanted. A child and the man that she will love forever. Emmett pulled back as they brought in food for Layla making her smile. "Thank god, I'm hungry."

"Eat all you can, baby. I need to find out what happened there."

'Sure."
~~~
Rosalie smiled as she looked at Stefan as he looked at his niece. "We may not have a child of our own, but we sure can say that Layla gave us all a blessing."

"She sure did." She said as she put her arms around him. "Stefan, let's go home and pack for a vacation. I want to spend time with my husband."

He nodded as he kissed her. Emmett walked out and leaned against the wall as he watched them leave. He was happy they came to see Layla, but she was sound asleep. He looked back in the room and smiled as he was grateful for his tribrid mate. This girl is a warrior. She went through hell and back, discovered who her family really is and carried my miracle child. Layla Mikaelson-Hale, what would I do without you.
~~~
The next day, Layla was being released as everything was good. She wasn't in pain and healed, quickly confusing the doctors, and her daughter. Layla swears she looks just like Emmett. "Ready to go home."

"Yeah." She said. "First we need to get you some protection."

"Why?"

"I'm not having another child any time soon." She tells him as she kissed him. "Let's get Esmeralda home to officially meet everyone."

"Let's go."

Layla smiled as she was grateful for Emmett. She watched him get the carseat with Esmeralda in it and walked out with her hand in his. Emmett looked at her and smiled. "Everything is perfect and peaceful now."

"Yeah, it is."