Fifteen

Layla sat in her room doing some searching as Hope, Edward, Alice, and Jasper were gone to school. It gave her time to do some searching for the crib and be at peace. Emmett went hunting with Stefan as Rosalie and Katie were gone. Esme walked into her daughter's room and smiled. "Hey, honey."

"Hi." She said yawning. "What's up?"

"Seeing how you are."

"Honestly, I've been feeling tired lately and this baby is growing a little too fast." She said. "Mom, I'm scared for my baby."

"Why's that?"

"Bella." Layla tells her. "She hated the fact that she wasn't like you guys and she lost that chance in Edward. She blames me for it and I had nothing to do with it."

"Layla, Emmett won't let nothing happen to you or to this baby." Esme tells her. "You are protected by us. Bella won't even dare try to harm you or this child."

Layla looked at Esme and moved the computer away so she could hug her. She hasn't had this moment with her mother since her real one came, but Esme will always be her mother. A tear slipped out of her eyes making Esme hold her tight.
~~~
Emmett came back and saw Layla sound asleep. "She's worried." He heard Esme say. "She's afraid Bella might do something to the baby." '

Emmett sighed as he knew this was bothering her. Since Bella found out the truth, she has done nothing, but tried to get someone mad enough to get bit. Layla woke up and smiled as she saw Emmett. "Hi."

"Hey."

"Mom tell you?" He nodded. "I know I shouldn't be thinking it, but she still blames me for something that I didn't do. It wasn't my fault that Hope came into my life or that she was Edward's mate." Layla sighed as she stood up and walked to him. "There's also these disappearances and I don't know what is happening to them, but I kind of do and its not good."

"What do you think?"

"Someone is building an army." She tells him.