Chapter 22

AFTER THAT talk with Ranger, her anxiety gotten worse. She can't even hold her life in her arms, nanlalambot siya at mas gusto nalang niyang humilata maghapon. The feeling of being guilty for what she did before were always attacking her mind.

"Angel? Open the door." Ranger calmly said and continue knocking on the door.

She curled her body and buried her face in the pillow she's holding. Even her, can't understand what she's feeling. Kaninang gumising siya, ayos naman siya, but when she saw Ranger holding Evicka, she suddenly felt like crying and she did.

Angel feels irritated for not having enough sleep again last night, it's past lunch time, pero hindi niya maramdaman ang gutom. She feels like dying.

SUMUKO na sa pagkatok si Ranger sa pintuan ng kwarto ni Angel. She suddenly locked herself inside, making him worry, isa pa umiiyak na ang anak nilang dalawa, looks like his little princess hungry.

"What are we going to do, Era?" Pabulong na tanong niya sa anak.

Simula nang ibinalik niya ulit dito sa bahay si Angel, Ranger noticed that she's always restless, she's staying awake at night but cannot sleep in the morning. She's not even eating properly! That's make him worry even more.

Ubos na ang na pump nitong gatas para kay Eva, he sighed and carefully flopped down on the sofa. He picked up his phone and dialed Angelyn's friend number. Cross.

[Hello? How's Angel and Era?] Agad na tanong nito sa kanya, pagkasagot palang nito.

"She's inside her room, it's past lunch time, hindi pa siya kumakain. Please tell me what exactly happened to her after giving birth..."

He sighed heavily, hindi niya alam ang gagawin kay Angel. Ni hindi siya nito kinausap pagkatapos noong huli nilang pag-uusap, she always find her ways to avoid him. Kahit si Era, hindi na nito nahahawakan. It's like she's withdrawing her self to us.

[Papunta na kami.] Cross said instead of answering him.

Era finally stopped crying and dozed off. He was about to rest when his Mother, came in his house, after a month's of not visiting him like she used to. Her eyes widened and watered as she stared at him and the baby he's holding.

"Oh God! Tell me, she's yours, right?" Naluluhang tanong nito sa kanya. Ranger slowly nodded his head and his lips curled up a bit.

Hindi naman itinanggi ni Angel. Besides, Era looks like Jillian and him when they're still a baby.

His mother smiled and wiped the tears strolling down her face. "Where's Angel?"

"How did you know?" He asked confused, hindi pa naman siya nakikita ni Jillian, and Laur was not the type of man who passed the news easily.

"Laur, nabanggit niya sa kapatid mo." Oh, he takes it back. Nakalimutan niya na chismoso nga pala lahat ng kaibigan niya.

He sighed and looked up the stairs, "she's locking herself inside her old room."

"That's... Bad, I'll take care of my granddaughter, you take care of Angel."

Wala na siyang nagawa nang kunin sa bisig ng mommy niya si Era. She even commanded her to pack her bag immediately, which he obey. Ranger tried to knock again and still there's no response.

Ranger was shocked when he saw his father outside, waiting for his mother. His Father smiled at him and gives him a thumbs up, that means he'll be in a better terms with his mother again.  Kinuha ng ama niya ang bag na hawak.