🍂

YOU WERE NOT EXPECTING TO walk into arataki itto playing card games with children near your house. sure, there were a good handful of children that lived near you, but this much ? that was something else.

all criss crossed on the dirt ground, itto was face to face with a child, very much obviously shorter than him.

by the looks of his face, itto was loosing. badly. children from five to ten years of age surrounded the two. the child he was facing looked nothing more than seven.

walking closer to the small crowd, you towered over itto, looking at his cards.

"you can use that one."

eyebrows raised, the playing oni turned to see yours face, a small smile on it. as he placed down the card chosen, the children yelled in surprise and enjoyment. the seven year old however, fell onto the ground, back first, tired from the ' battle ' he had with the older man. standing up, itto then towered over you, hands on his hips with a proud smile on his face.

"I LOVE THIS PERSO -"

you quickly managed to slap that face of his.

"hey, ow ! at least it wasnt the hair - no no stop !" pulling on his longer hair length, the smaller children laughed, copying your actions, making you leave with a messy haired arataki itto.

"hey ! ow, y/n come back !! hey leave the horns alone kid." quickly running to the front of your house, you looked at the messy state he was in, peaking through from your door as he shook off the kids.

"do you have a hair tie ?"

"do i have a what ?"

INVITING HIM inside, itto managed to hit his head on the top door frame. how cliché is that. allowing him to sit down on the small carpet decorated for the ground, you looked for a brush, some hair ties, and hair pins.

making your way back to itto, you carried a small box full of hair accessories, along with a brush.

"i dont use hair pins anymore, just some gifts from family and people i know. so you can keep them afterwards."

oh the amount of butterflies hes getting. the soft brush caressed his head, making him a take a breath in and quickly letting it out. hands cold or warm, he couldnt remember. all he knows is that he fell asleep through half of it.

"I DONT ENJOY WHAT I DID WITH IT, but it should keep the hair out of your face for a bit."

a good thirty minutes passed by as itto looked at himself in the mirror like water outside from the back of your house, not a cloud in sight. no breeze either. just the warm sun to bask in.

he could see himself, crystal clear. how neatly braided the uneven hair was made with the hair tie, how the butterfly, flower, and other hair pins he just couldnt describe what was with his hair neatly.

"i havent done anyones hair in a while, minus teaching yoimiya how to do hers and teaching ei how to make braids, but whatever."

"ei ?" turning his head, he looked at you as you waved your hand.

"uhm, no one."

looking back at the river, he continued to admire himself and the work you did. standing straight and turning around to face you, itto smiled.

"can you keep doing my hair ?"

"what ?"

"keep doing my hair ! ya ' know, like braid it and do all this fancy stuff on it again !" he spun around like a girl in a dress for the first time, wanting her parents to notice her.

"i dont do that. if you want, you can always go ask yoimiya or.. uhm.. sara !"

sara. thats really all you could think of.

"man, fine, ok ok. you said i can keep these, right ?" you smiled softly, playing with your fingers.

"yup, just keep them safe, dont break them or anything." you turned around walked back to your house, leaving an aw strucked oni.

"man, why wont you like me back.. ?"

 ?"