Chapter 8

2 years timeskip

Y/n pov

It's been 2 years since Hanma disappeared. No call, no text we've completely lost contact but I still can't stop thinking about him, even after 2 years guess I've to blame the kiss we shared. I finally start liking a guy and he disappears, just great I bet he moved on and found someone else.

It's okay I guess I'm not into such stuff anyway, I accidentally fell in love with Hanma that's all. Even after everything I said I'm still clinging to the hope that he'll come back to me, that idiot why did he have to say those words "I promise I'll return" stupid! Stupid! Stupid! I miss him.

I don't really have any close friends I talk to so no one really knows about Hanma. Sometimes I visit Kisaki's grave and tell him how much I miss Hanma weird thing I know but I just have to rant I don't care if I don't get a response. Just in case Kisaki could actually listen he'd be super annoyed just by listening to my voice lol.

I'm 18 now attending college and started working part time job at a supermarket to pay my tiny but cute appartment's rent, my parents pay my college fee cuz I'm definitely not financially stable yet and their biggest concern is my education, so as long as I study hard they have no problem with me. They asked me to stay with them until I finish my education but i wanted to be alone and I felt like I'd be a burden so I insisted on moving out.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a Saturday I had a day off at college so finished my shift early to enjoy the evening. I decided to go visit Kisaki's grave as I had free time.

I walked towards his grave and saw a hooded man sitting infront of his grave, now that was unusual. I walked closer and saw the man's hand resting on his thigh.

No way! It can't be! The man turned around and looked at me, It was him IT WAS HANMA!

I cover my mouth with my hand and stutter "Hanma?" Idek why I'm getting so emotional. Hanma gave me a little warm smile and said "y/n it's been a while" tears started rolling down my cheeks I might be overreacting but I'm seeing him after 2 years, I run into his arms making him fall back and hugged him crying "son of a bitch I missed you" I said sniffling.

He hugs me back tight and sits up while still hugging me. I wipe my tears and slightly pull away from the hug facing him while my arms were still on his shoulders. There was a brief moment of silence while we looked into each other's eyes. Hanma gave a tiny smile and pulled me closer. I slowly closed my eyes, his lips were brushing against mine I could feel his warm breath hitting my lips and a faded scent of tobacco. As he pulled me closer my lips met his soft lips. My hands gripping his neck and face gently while his hand was at the back of my head and the other around my torso.

After sharing a warm comforting kiss I hug him again to try and process stuff, Hanma just let me hug him and didn't say anything. After I had calmed down, I moved away and sat beside him.

"It's been a while, is that all you have to say? And when did you even come back?" I questioned him "it's almost been a month I guess" Okay now I'm mad "and you didn't bother to meet me, how sweet of you" I said sarcastically with an obvious fake smile "well I wasn't sure if seeing you was the right thing or not, I just couldn't show up out of the blue after 2 years, I thought you might've moved on"

Well what he said makes sense but "okay? Now you know I haven't? But you could atleast be a little surprised happy or whatever, seeing me after 2 years" I question, now that's a super vaild question.

Hanma just sighs with the little smile and looks at me "who said I'm seeing you after 2 years?" Wait what!? What's he saying? "I came to see you the day I returned, your mom told you moved out and you were attending college I was happy for you, I saw you near your appartment but held myself back" he replied.

Is this really Hanma? I don't know but he's changed so much he's no more the 'i love murder' smiling idiot he used to be. "Who do you think sent you those flowers?" He said, wait that was Hanma!?

A month ago

A random dude from y/n's class asked her out and she politely rejected him. A week later she started receiving flowers at her door, she thought it was her classmate and ignored it.

Y/n pov

"That was you? Also flowers huh?" I replied. "After I returned I found a part time job at a flower shop so I thought I'd send you some flowers" he said looking away, I bursted out laughing and said "no way you're kidding right? Hanma and flowers how unironic I can't-" I continued laughing. Hanma playfully punched my arm said "shut up okay I couldn't find any other job"

Hanma stood up and dusts his clothes and extended his hand saying "let's go" I grabbed his hand got up "go where?" I asked "I still owe you ice cream don't I?" This idiot, he still remembers it I can't help but smile "okay gimme piggy back ride hehe" I said being bratty. This brings back so many memories, he's back, My happiness is back.

(A/n: hey! Thanks for reading votes would be appreciated. Um so now that the characters are aged up I'm planning on writing a smut chapter, I'll try I promise T_T don't come at me if it's cringe pls)

(I know my tenses are unbelievably fucked up it suddenly goes from present continuous to past I'm sorry ×_×)