Chapter Three

Meredith slowly blinked awake, she smelled the aroma of bacon and eggs from the kitchen. She felt a lot better than last night, glad she hadn't thrown up again. She turned over and to her surprise, Derek was still in bed. She soon realized he wasn't cooking, she shot up. She hurried to the kitchen, soon to realize Amelia was cooking while Maddie was sitting at the breakfast bar.

"Mommy, why aren't you wearing any clothes?" She looked confused, Meredith realized she was only in undergarments and felt her cheeks turn crimson.

"Nice underwear choice Meredith," Amelia hid her giggle by taking a bite of cooked bacon.

"Sorry, I forgot you were here this morning, and I don't even know. I'm just going to shut up now because I can feel myself start to ramble and I'm going to put clothes on now," she slowly backed up into the bedroom, closing the door. Derek was awake, he sat up with an amused look on his face.

"Did you forget to put clothes on?" He tried not to laugh at his absent mindedness of his wife but failed.

"Shut up," she couldn't help but giggle at herself, she grabbed a pillow and hit him with it.

"Hey!" He tried to be defensive, but a few seconds and he was laughing along, pulling her down on to the bed, pinning her underneath him.

"You know, we were interrupted last night," his eyes glowed with lust as he stared at his half-naked wife. She looked absolutely beautiful. He couldn't resist himself any longer, his lips found hers in a deep, passionate kiss.

She felt his tongue sliding against her lips. She parted them, allowing his tongue to maneuver into her mouth. She felt it, the nausea hit again. She pulled away; his face filled with shock.

"Move," she instructed, he noticed the face she was making and got off her.

She grabbed a peppermint from the drawer, her last one. She made a mental note to pick some up from the store on her way to work, she popped the hard candy into her mouth, allowing the peppermint to soothe her stomach.

"Are you sure you can go to work today?" He asked, standing up off the bed.

"Yes Derek, I need to take a shower and you need to handle your sister," She stood up, placing a quick peck on his lips before going into the bathroom.

He watched; his eyes wondered to her ass as she swayed her hips. Ever since she had Madelyn, her hips grew a tad wider which made her figure become fuller. He quickly got his mind off the dirty thoughts as he opened the door. He saw his sister and daughter eating together.

"Good morning daddy," Maddie said mid-chew.

"Maddie remember, finish chewing before you speak," he reminded her, going over to kiss the back of her head. He noticed the eggs, bacon, and waffles she had made. She was trying to suck up to him, she wanted something.

"I made breakfast, help yourself," Amelia noted, taking a sip of coffee.

"Thanks," he normally wouldn't eat any of the fattening food, but he didn't feel like turning her down. He grabbed a plate and got reasonable potions of eat food group.

"So, I talked to Lizzie," Amelia said as he took a bite of the bacon, it was cooked exactly how he liked it.

"Amy, I told you not to do that. What did you tell her," He sounded annoyed. That was the last thing he needed; all of his sisters pissed at him because he didn't ask for help.

"She is pissed you didn't call her, but she is still going to donate the nerve," Amelia said as if it was almost one word.

"What the hell Amy, I told you I didn't want to ask them for it. I will never hear the end of it now and I want you to call Lizzie back and tell her she doesn't have to," He insisted, no way in hell would he take something like that from them. He would never hear the end of it if it didn't work or if they were in too much pain.

"No Derek, she's flying here in two weeks when her kids go back to school and she doesn't have to constantly watch them," Amelia watched as he almost went insane. She wanted this for him, she couldn't let him say no.

"No, call her and undo this. I don't need any of your help so please tell me the real reason why you are here so you can fly back to your boyfriend and Addison," he was getting aggravated at her. He wasn't doing this, the surgery.

"Look Derek, I'm not calling her, and you can get pissy all you want but I know you, you don't play second place or give up. You will thank me for this later," she picked up her plate and placed it in the sink, going upstairs so she could get clothes on before going to the hospital. She knew she could somehow find a way to get hospital privileges.

She looked down at her phone as she came into the guest room, he had two missed calls from Addie and one from James. She wanted to get away from them, that is why she took this trip. She told herself that she wasn't running because she wasn't, at least she didn't think she was running. She had just started dating James, nothing serious was going to happen but he asked her about the baby, her baby with Ryan.

...

"Daddy, why don't you want to get your hand fixed?" Maddie asked curiously. She watched her him closely, examining his actions.

"Well princess, if I get my hand fixed then I don't get to spend as much time with my favorite girls and that wouldn't be much fun," he tried to explain it in the best possible way.

"Well mommy said you is bestest at fixing brains, and you haven't been acting yourself. I don't like it when you are sad," she looked up at him, having the same sparkle in her eyes as her mother.

"I am not sad, I like spending time with you," he truly loved spending as much time with his daughter as humanly possible, but she had a point. He did like fixing brains, he loved it.

"But you also like fixing brains and so you can have both. I can share my daddy so you can make people better like mommy," she finished the waffle she was eating as she tried to explain to him what was going through her mind.

"So, you think I should do it?" He wanted his daughter's honest opinion. To some people, she was just a three-and-a-half-year-old kid who didn't understand much but most people underestimate her abilities. She had more focus and potential than most people he had ever met.

"I think you do what makes you happy," she finished the orange juice from the pink plastic cup.

"Morning," Meredith said as she came into the kitchen. She had already gotten dressed in a merlot-colored sweater and jeans.

"Good morning mommy, Aunt Amelia is going to help daddy fix his hand," Madelyn smiled proudly.

"Oh, she is?" Meredith looked shocked, looking over at Derek.

"It is still in the decision-making stage," he corrected his daughter.

"Oh really, well I'm glad you are open to the idea. I liked it when your hand was fixed," Meredith smiled as she poured coffee into a travel mug. She loved Derek being home with Maddie since Meredith didn't really get to spend much time with her but now, she is starting her fellowship, she will get a better schedule.

"Mhm, I think you better get going. You will be late, I can take Maddie in today or maybe she could spend some time with Amelia," Derek suggested just as Amelia was coming back downstairs.

"That's a great idea, put her in the black leggings with the cute polka dot shirt, I'll see you guys later," Meredith grabbed her bag, an apple, and kissed Derek and Maddie before quickly rushing out the door.

"What am I doing?" Amelia asked again, still unclear of what she was supposed to do.

"You are going to watch this princess while I work since you are obviously not working," Derek smirked mischievously, sliding off the chair before going to the bedroom to get dressed. He knew his sister was going to try and get in a surgery while she was here, but he wasn't going to let her.