Chapter 9

After they had their very late lunch, they decided to go back to the house. The rain had stopped so when they got on the ferryboat, Maddie begged to be taken to the deck. Lizzie agreed it would be a good idea so the four of them unbuckled and climbed the stairs to the upper deck. From the side they were on, you could see the sun slowly moving downward into the horizon.

"I never knew Seattle was so beautiful," Lizzie mentioned, Maddie was glued to her side as she explained how much she loved ferryboats. Meredith and Derek stood back, she leaned against him for support as his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Nobody does, everyone assumes it always rains always," Derek said. He can't really judge anyone for it. He thought Seattle was rainy and sad but once he got here and realized how amazing it was, he knew he never wanted to leave. Once he found Meredith, he knew this was his forever home.

"Well that is sad, do you know what Nancy said after that one time she visited?" Lizzie asked and Derek just shook his head, he really didn't want to know what his sister said because it didn't matter.

"She said that it was miserable and you lived on a tiny island with nothing but woods around you, I was probably the only one besides Ma who actually believe that you really loved it here," Lizzie added, she knew herself that Nancy was probably lying. Derek always enjoyed the nature and things when they were younger, he often spent many summer nights in a tent in the backyard.

"Figures," Derek chuckled, his oldest sister always exaggerated things, especially about him and his other sisters. They all stood quietly, besides Maddie who continued to talk Lizzie's ear off. Meredith watched her daughter, she began imagining how Maddie would be with her younger sibling. She knew it was still early, but it was something she had always wanted since Maddie was born.

It was only a matter of minutes before the four of them had to head back down to the SUV, buckling in and heading off toward their house in the woods. They all got out and Derek carried in Lizzie's bags for her while Meredith led Lizzie into the house.

"Your room is upstairs beside Maddie's room," Derek pointed out as he sat her bags down by the sofa. Maddie was off to her play room, completely forgetting that Lizzie was here.

"Derek? Mer? Is that you guys?" Amelia said as she came down the stairs. Her face turned white as she saw her sister standing there also. Lizzie also had a look of surprise on her face when she saw her baby sister in just a tank top and pants. The baby bump showing clearly through the tank top.

"Amelia!" Lizzie finally said in shock. Meredith and Derek look at each other, realizing they should go.

"Uh Derek want to go help me fix dinner?" Meredith said, grabbing his hand and dragging him into the kitchen. The only two people left were Lizzie and Amelia. There was a long silence between the two, Lizzie was trying to comprehend while Amelia was trying her best not to flee.

"So eh, nice to see you," Amelia tried to make light of the situation.

"Guess there is a lot I have missed with you," Liz said, clearing her throat. Amelia felt her cheeks turn a bright red, she wasn't sure what to say next.

"Yeah about this, I will explain as long as you promise me that you won't tell mom or anyone else, please?" She begged, motioning for her sister to join her in the living room. Amelia sat on the couch, curling up the best she could while Liz just sat casually on the couch.

"Why? Amelia what have you gotten yourself into," Liz groaned. Her baby sister was always prone to getting herself into things without thinking. She remembered things were always hectic when it came to Amelia.

"Nothing bad. Yes I'm pregnant, I'm not ready to tell everyone. I will tell everyone, at a better time. Right now, I am still trying to really sort out what I'm going to do. The father and I are still trying to decide what we want to do," Amelia tried to explain. The real reason she hasn't told anyone is because she didn't want to hear it about how irresponsible it is with the problems she was going through.