I Can't Talk About This Over The Phone

Once I finished reading Dom's endearing poem, I was in pieces. Tears were all over my shirt and pants as I was overwhelmed with shock. He, Dominic Harrison, had feelings for me. That meant the kiss didn't fuck up our relationship... it gave our relationship the potential to be even more. I spent some time gathering my thoughts and composing myself so I would stop crying like the baby I am. I then thought to myself on how I was going to address my feelings about the gifts and poem to Dom. Obviously it would have had to be over the phone but how would I explain my feelings? Could I be honest? Should I sugarcoat my feelings? Yet that would block out my point... I couldn't wrap my head around it. Five minutes of thinking went by before a notification came through on my phone. I glanced over to the screen and hoped for Dom's name on it but of course it wasn't. It was Alan. Our conversation read:

Step-Prick: Downstairs. NOW!!

Me: Why should I

Step-Prick: Because I commanded you to. Get down here before you regret your choices

I groaned, threw my phone onto my bed's pillow which I had previously shouted at, then stomped downstairs to see what the devil wanted. As I stepped into the living room, I heard the door close behind me. The second I looked back at it, Alan's face was in mine. Before I could yell, his hand was over my mouth and his other arm was wrapped around my lower back.

"Just listen to me, Crystal. Make this easy on yourself." Alan warned. I tried my hardest to shake my head from his hand but to no avail, his grip on my mouth and back tighten in a result to this. 

"You keep your mouth shut about last night and I'll go a bit easier on you, yeah? If not, you're going to end up in a fucking casket. Got it?" Again, Alan warned. His last question was spoken through gritted teeth as I tried to wriggle out of his grasp. 

"GOT IT?!" He repeated. I nodded in fear, trying to stay on his good side ofter what had happened over the past 24 hours. 

"Good. So I shouldn't expect any shit from your mother about it, or that little boyfriend that you got yourself back in London. Alright?"

"Yep..." I said quietly.

"Yes, what?" Alan asked violently, slapping my face.

"Y-yes, sir..." I whimpered as I recovered from the sharp pain on my left cheek. Alan then sighed and walked away and I scarpered back into my bedroom, locking the door quicker than I shut it. What kind of monster is he turning into?! I quietly sobbed to myself, cuddling the teddy bear Dom gifted me as I grabbed it off my bed. How I missed him already and we haven't even been apart a day.

Two hours went by and I had drifted off into a light sleep. The pain in my cheek had worn off but my eyes were bloodshot red and stinging by the time I woke back up. I slowly woke up to what I originally thought was an alarm until I rolled over to check my phone's screen to see Dom's name on it and my reflection looking back at me. I swiftly grabbed the phone and answered the FaceTime call. Almost as soon as I swiped to answer the call, I was greeted by Dom's sweet smile.

"Hey sweetheart. How's home? You didn't text." Dom greeted me. I kept back my sadness for the time being, not wanting him to worry too much about me. 

"I mean, it could be better, as always, but it's better than that house we were in."

"Yeah, tell me about it." Dom chuckled. "So... did you open my gift?" Oh god, here we go.

"O-Oh, yeah... yeah. I love it so much, Dom, to the point where..." I pointed the camera towards my chest to show that I fell asleep with the teddy bear he gave me.