Chapter 3

The Wrath of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence. 

Chapter 3

Kampilya, Southern Panchal, Dwapar Yuga

Draupadi POV

"Today is the day when I will go to my in-laws home." I thought to myself.

I was sitting in front of the mirror in my room, where the maids were combing my hair and making braids. I did not want to sound narcissistic, but I knew that I am beautiful. But with this beauty like the burning fire, I knew that there would be a lot of ill-effects of it. In my swyamvar ceremony, I saw the lust in the eyes of every men present there....except one.

Then he came to the swyamvar, disguised as a Brahmin. He picked up the bow and pierced the eye of the fish. He was the greatest archer of the world, Arjun.

Then, with a misplaced word from Matashri Kunti, my world shattered. Now I had become the common wife of the five brothers. Probably, this was my destiny from my previous life. Maharishi Veda Vyasa said so.

Then I found about Rajkumar Duryodhana, who attacked and conquered Magadha. He also imprisoned Maharaja Shishupal of Chedi Kingdom. Shishupal was the son of Maharani Shrutasarva, who was the maternal aunt of Govind. After the war, Duryodhana announced the dissolve of Magadha and Chedi in Kuru Kingdom. Dristaketu, the son of Shishupal became fanatic. So, with his mother's idea, he asked for help from Govind. Govind implemented a brilliant tactics, by arranging the marriage of Rajkumari Karenumati with Aryaputra Nakul. Now with this alliance, Pandavas not only got a powerful ally, but also rescued Chedi Kingdom from the coveted grip of Duryodhana.

But in this political game of dice, did anyone even try to find the news of my heart?

First, I had become the shared wife of five brothers. Then one of my husbands was getting married again. Sometimes I thought that in this great dice game of politics, we women were the pieces. But I have faith on Govind. He would not let any harm came to his Sakhi.

Suddenly, another maid entered the room.

"Pranipat Rajkumari. Devi Shikhandini and Rajkumar Satyajit are waiting outside."

I ordered her to call them inside. A few moments later, my brother and sister came inside. Shikhandini was literally crying. Satyajit also had a sad expression in his face. I stood her and hugged my sister tightly.

"Jiji, I will miss you." I couldn't control my tears now.

"I will miss you too, Panchali." Shikhandini wiped out my tears.

I looked at Satyajit, who was standing with moist eyes. I went to him and touched his feet. He blessed me whole-heartedly.

"Saubhagyavati Bhava!" He blessed me. Then he looked at Shikhandini. I saw some silent words passed between the brother and sister. I curiously looked at him.

"Is everything alright, Jiji?"

Shikhandini looked at me, and heaved a deep sigh.

"Panchali, you are going to Hastinapur. You know very well that Kuru and Panchal are sworn enemies from a very long time. But now, you are married to the five Kuru Princes."