Chapter 28

The Wrath of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 28

Hastinapur, Dwapar Yuga

Jayant/Duryodhana POV

The corridor was dark and empty. I was slowly walking through it. My naked feet helped me concealing any sound that might be created by my legs. A few moments later, I came in front of a door. I looked at both sides. There was no one. No guards, no maidservants, no soldiers, anyone. Slowly, I entered into the room. The room was dimly lit with a few lamps. There was a large, four poster bed in the room. On the bed, Yudhisthir was sleeping peacefully. From the window, the faint moonlight was falling on his face.

Yudhisthir, I thought to myself, meant the one who could stay calm in war. One who could stay calm in war then he could stay calm in any situation. I looked at his face again. He was sleeping like a baby, lying on his mother's lap.

I felt something in my right hand, something hard, and something cold. My eyes went to my hand and the pistol glowed in the moonlight. There was something in my left hand too. It was the silencer. I slowly fixed it on the gun.

"This is one single chance. Yudhisthir will never learn what hit him. One shot, one bullet between his eyes, and he will never know what hit him. This time, he will directly go to heaven without knowing about the death of his brothers and wife."

I took out one magazine, loaded with ten bullets. I fixed it in the gun. Now it was locked and loaded. I pointed it on his forehead.

"That's it, Jayant. Finish your enemy. With Yudhisthir gone, the Pandavas become sightless, guideless. Your path towards the throne will be clear. Press the trigger."

My index finger went to the trigger.

"Press it now!"

Suddenly Yudhisthir opened his eyes. His eyes directly met mine. A small smile came to his lips.

"Bhrata Duryodhana! Welcome to my...", his gaze fell on the gun in my hand. His eyes became a bit hard, but his smile never left.

"So, you are ready to take the shortest path, the path of Adharma?"

"Sam, dam, dand, bhed...this is my path."

"Then what are you waiting for? Do it then."

There was a challenge in his voice. His voice never trembled. His eyes were on my eyes, looking directly in my soul.

"Aryaputra!"

The loud scream caused both of us to turn at the source of the voice. Priya was standing there, pale in fear. Suddenly, I felt that someone pushing me.

"Aryaputra, Aryaputra...wake up!"

What the hell!

Slowly I opened my eyes, and found myself on the seat of my moving chariot. I slowly turned my head towards my wife, who was pushing my shoulders.

"What is it?", I slowly said to her.

"Well, you are talking in your sleep, and it feels like you are talking in two different voices. You are speaking about Adharma, sam-dam-dand-bhed."

I heaved a sigh. My mind was slowly processing the surroundings. Today, we started the journey from Hastinapur to Mathura.

"You are sleeping from the moment the chariot left Hastinapur, and now you started talking in sleep.", she took a scented handkerchief and wiped out my sweat. Then her eyes looked at the bandage in my left hand.