Chapter 5

January 2013

I don't have to be afraid anymore. We changed the past, so I never shot Randy. I never saw her again. We're on a tour bus. I heard some of the guys yelling at each other.

"Mike! Give me back my wallet!" Zayn yelled. 

What? Mike? Why is he on the bus?

They came running into the sitting area I was in. 

"If you want your wallet, then give me back my guitar!" he waved Zayn's wallet around in the air.

What is Mike doing here???

"Fine," Zayn said.

They quickly swapped for each other's possession.

I stood up. "Mike?"

"Yeah Niall?" he replied.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"What are you talking about? It's a free country. I can be anywhere I want on this bus," he shrugged.

"I mean, what are you doing on this bus?" I clarified.

"I'm on tour with you guys, duh..." he answered.

"You're our opening act or something?" I questioned. 

"For the last 7 concerts I have been. And I will be for the next 23 concerts," Mike said.

I was shocked. 

"Are you ok man? I think you ate something bad or something," Zayn said.

"No, I'm fine," I said.

Zayn didn't have a problem at all. Like he doesn't remember what happened. Like he doesn't remember the trouble I was in. Like he doesn't remember that we changed the past. The others guys came and sat down. I should test them.

"I had a weird dream. I dreamed we drove this time travelling car into the past and changed it. So, then that made the future change," I said.

"Wow, sounds like a cool dream. What did we change about the past?" Harry asked.

They don't remember anything. "Uhh, nothing really," I lied.

They went on conversing with each other. What happened? How come I am the only one who remembers going to the past? Am I just dreaming right now? I hope so.

"Man, America is so cool," Liam said looking out the window.

Wait, we're in America? I thought we were supposed to me in Europe for this tour. 

"Yeah, this 'Searching for You' tour is awesome," Mike said.

'Searching for You'? Isn't it supposed to be 'Take me Home'? I was getting more and more confused.

Mike sighed and smiled. "Next stop is Atlanta. I hope to see Miranda there," he said.

That really caught my attention. "Are you talking about Randy?" I almost shouted.

All eyes were on me. "Yeah. She was your foreign exchange student a couple years back," Mike answered. "I always wondered why she left...Left without saying goodbye."

I knew exactly why. It was because my future self came to my past and warned me about the tragic accident. We just couldn't let anything bad happen to Randy. I loved her. I didn't want to hurt her, but I did end up losing her.

"So, you have been searching for her?" I asked. 

Mike nodded. "I always search through the audience, hoping to see Miranda's face. I always stayed until the end. Until the last person leaves the concert. But, I haven't found her yet," Mike tried to keep the smile on his face.

Louis patted his back. "Don't worry. You'll find her," he said.

What if Mike does find her? I can obviously see that Mike loves her. What if Randy still has feelings for Mike? Does she have any feelings for me? In the past, she told me that she was going to watch out for One Direction. But what if she doesn't remember us time travelling to the past? What if they do find each other and my jealousy just grows and grows? What if I can't control myself again?

I put my face in my hands. "Uhh... I have a headache." 

"You alright?" Zayn asked me.

I stood up. "I'm going to take a nap," I said and walked to my bed.