Chapter 7

The concert went great. Mike sat down backstage and said, "Another town and still can't find her."

The guys tried to comfort him. He wanted to be left alone and they all walked towards me. There were a couple of girls walking this way. They had backstage passes around their necks. One had the UK flag on her shirt and the other had bright orange hair. A little weird, but it was cool.

"Hi! I'm Lola! And this is my friend Randy. OMG! You guys were so great tonight!" she said.

Wait? Did she say Randy?

I watched the red head. She noticed me looking at her and turned away. I guess she was a little shy. 

Lola handed her a camera. I guess we're taking a picture. I looked at Randy's face instead of the camera lens.

"Thank! Randy, I'll take a picture of you and the band," she suggested.

Randy shook her head, "No, it's fine," she replied.

All the guys pulled her in, "Come on! Don't be shy!" Harry said.

We all smiled for the camera. 

Lola was talking to the rest of the guys, while Randy just wandered around backstage. I followed her. She was looking at my black guitar.

She noticed a stain on it. It was the grape juice stain. I left it there because I was afraid is I tried to clean it off, then the paint would be ruined.

I walked up next to her. Could it be Randy? The Randy I loved?

I tapped her on the shoulder and she seemed startled. She didn't know I was following her.

"Randy... Do you remember me?" I asked hopefully.

"Sorry, I only know that you're in One Direction. I think you're mistaking me for someone else," she said.

No, I knew it was her. "It's me, Niall! You came to my school and stayed at my house for a student exchange program!" I smiled, hoping that she would remember.

She stepped back a little. "Oh my gosh! Niall? It's all coming back to me," she said.

Yes! She remembered!

"You came from the future and told me to leave Ireland," she said.

I was disappointed when she reminded me of that, but at the same time relieved because she remembers that I time travelled. 

"Why did you make me leave?" she was trying to remember. Then she hit something, "You made me leave Mike..." she said slowly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I remember everything. Niall made me leave Mike because of an accident Niall caused. He killed me in the future. The future is now and I am still alive. But i don't have the guy I love with me. 

Niall and i just stood there. Staring at each other. I didn't want to see his face. I turned around and started running. Running away from Niall. I could hear him calling my name, but I didn't look back. I also didn't look in front of me either. I bumped into someone's chest and he put his hands on my arms.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

I didn't answer. I kept my eyes closed. 

Then I heard him say, "Miranda?"

Only one person called me by my real name, Mike.

I looked up with tears in my eyes. It was Mike.

"Mike?" I whispered.

He picked me up and spun me around. "Miranda! I can't believe it's you! I missed you so much!" He drew me into a warm hug.

I wiped the tears from my eyes. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

He wiped tears from his eye. "I'm touring with One Direction. I'm the opening act," he answered. "Didn't you see me on stage?"

"Oh no, I didn't. There was traffic, so we missed the beginning," I said.

We hugged again. "I missed you so much!" he said again.

We pulled apart and Mike saw Niall watching us. "Look Niall! It's Miranda!" Mike yelled.

He walked over to us. "Yeah, it's great to see her again," he said.

I tried not to look him in the eyes. He broke my heart and I was glad Mike was here to fix it. Then Lola and the rest of the band came into the scene.

"Congradulations man! You found your girlfriend!" the one in the stripes yelled. 

Mike and I both blushed.

"I haven't officially asked her to be my girlfriend," Mike said.

I was surprised and happy.

He knealt down on one knee, holding up his hand to me. "Miranda Days, will you be my girlfriend?"

It was a little silly, but I held his hand and said, "Yes!"

He jumped up and spun me around again. Lola and the guys were cheering, except for Niall. I have been waiting for almost four years to see Mike again. And I thought that I never will. But now we are boyfriend and girlfriend.

Mike held my hands. "Come on, I want to take you on a date," he smiled. He made me giggle.

I looked over at Lola and she nodded. "Ok," I answered. 

"See ya guys later!" Mike waved to the band. They all waved back except for Niall.

I can't believe he made me leave Mike. I just remembered something. Niall confessed his love for me when I was back in Ireland. He made me leave because he didn't want anything bad to happen to Me or Mike. He couldn't control it before, what if he can't control it now?

I think it's best if I stay away from Niall.