Chapter 6

Lola called me from the living room. "Come on! One Direction is talking about their tour on TV!" 

I was in the kitchen pouring some grape juice in a glass. "Calm down! I'm coming!" I yelled back.

I sat on the couch and faced the TV. There are those guys again. They all seem so familiar. Like I have met them before or something. But I have never been to a concert or a meet-an-greet. I feel like they were from a memory or a dream. It was bothering me.

We were on a holiday break from college. I am over at Lola's house just hanging out. She's always drooling over One Direction. She knows everything you need to know about them. She knows the exact time each of them was born. I don't even know if I was born before or after lunch time. 

"So, do guys miss home when you're America?" the interviewer asked.

The blonde guy started talking, "Yeah. I miss Ireland a lot."

"What's his name?" I asked Lola.

She kept her eyes on the screen. "Niall."

Niall... Niall... Why does that sound so familiar?

"I feel like I knew a person named Niall," I told Lola.

"Wasn't your host in Ireland named Niall?" she pointed out.

"Oh yeah. I forgot I went to Ireland. I only stayed there for like a couple weeks," I said.

"Yeah. Why did you leave the program early?" she asked.

"I can't remember. But I have a feeling that it was a really important reason," I answered.

We continued watching them on TV.

One of the guys pointed to the camera. "We are very excited to see you guys in Atlanta! See ya then!" and it went to commercial.

Lola stood up."I have an announcement to make!" she said so boldly.

"What?"

"Because I am such a bad friend and I did not get you a Christas gift..." she said.

I cut her off. "No, it was fine! It was about the joy of giving," I smiled.

"Well, this will make me very joyful when I give you a concert ticket and VIP Backstage pass to the One Direction Concert!!!" she yelled.

"Really?" I asked. I pretended to be happy. The concert is this weekend and I planned on hitting that pottery wheel. I liked some me time.

"Yeah! And I will be coming along!" she sang.

I hugged her. "Thanks Lola," I smiled and she smiled too.

"Come on girl! We're going shopping!" she sang again.

"Why?" I asked. 

"We gotta look good when we meet One Direction!" she said with a duckface.

I laughed. "So, you're saying i'm not good-looking?" I sassed. 

"You know what I'm saying! haha JK!" she grabbed her car keys and I grabbed my purse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lola's style choice was so bold and colorful. She got a neon colored tank top with the UK flag printed on and electric blue skinny jeans. I chose more casual clothes. Pre-ripped jeans, white shirt, and dark blue hoodie. 

I also got myself a hair-dye kit. It's a new year. I'm gonna be a new me. I got the Auburn color. 

We got back to Lola's house and she helped me with the dye. I had to leave it in my hair for 20 minutes. So, to pass the time, we played Monopoly. We got so caught up in the game that we finished the game in one hour!!! 

I quickly washed the dye out of my hair and blow dryed. 

It was not auburn. It came out to be full-out orange! It was weird considering I am Asian. Only K-pop stars have this colored hair. I faced Lola with my mouth wide open.

She shrugged. "I kind of like it," she said.

I just kept brushing my hand through my hair. Yep, my whole head of hair was orange. I wanted a new me, now I got a new me.

"I guess I'm just gonna have to leave. It's bad for your hair if you dye it more than once in such a short time," I confessed.

Lola chuckled. "You'll sure get everyone's attention backstage."

I glared at her. Then I sighed.