:(

"Why did I try..." She whispered to herself. She always sat there, silently, waiting for a ping from her phone. All she wanted was for the girl she liked to answer her.

She wanted to type goodbye but felt as though she would regret it. That she would immediately run back to her crush's dms and ask for some sort of conversation.

Alice wanted to ask for help, but everyone she could ask for it wasn't awake. It was really unfortunate. She read through their old chats, one before she confessed. It was sweet. It was like Ivy liked talking to her.

Their recent ones made her stomach ache, she felt like being poisoned. Her chest hurt like she was getting stabbed. It felt colder and was like Ivy was continuously ignoring or pushing her away. 

Alice cried a little. She felt bad for ever confessing and for trying. It was so pathetic for her to think she had even a small chance...

She took a deep breath, slightly wiping her tears, and opened their dms. She slowly typed it but then paused. She quickly switched apps to notes. Alice decided to make drafts first before choosing something that was right for her.

Copying and pasting it in their DMs, making quick changes to her message. It was time for her to send it and so she did. She didn't even wait for her to respond. She just left the message there to be read but not to be responded to.

If the girl she likes ever wishes to talk to her, there is still another platform where they can talk. One wherein Ivy is blocked.

Alice just sat still, closing her eyes. She knew she was going to regret this, but it was for the better. For the comfort of Ivy and for her feelings to stop. She didn't want to become so dependent on someone who didn't even like her.

She let her mind wander wherever it went. She wanted to use different types of media to keep her mind away, but she never touched the said media. She felt awful that she would touch it.

Alice was supposed to great Ivy happy birthday on the 4th. Ivy's birthday. She can't do it now. She could've waited and left then. However, there wasn't going back now. Everything has been done and left. Ivy most likely has seen it already.

She wanted to sleep, but her conscience wouldn't let her. It told her that she was being selfish and only thinking of herself. Alice ignored her thoughts and continued to daydream instead. Alice hopes the feelings will go away soon.

She always felt guilty about liking Ivy...