Chapter 30

A few days have passed from the incident. I was feeling a lot better, physically and mentally. For that I have to thank Eren, he was with me most of the time. I said multiple times that I'm fine on my own, but he never left me for more that 5 hours. I considered telling my mom about this, but I didn't want her to be worried, so when we talked on the phone and she would ask how was school going, I would simply reply with a "It's going great mom, don't worry", and change the subject. I will totally talk to her about this in the future, but for now it's better if she doesn't know.

Armin and Eren only exchanged few words with each other, at least from what I heard. Eren is still kind of blaming him for what happened, and doesn't want to see him. That too is one of the reasons why he is with me most of the day. Honestly, I was glad. I didn't have any other friends here, and I didn't want to bother Armin, who still has to study and work. So, if it weren't for Eren, I would be completely alone right now.

It was the weekend, saturday. Eren went out to buy us some food meanwhile I scrolled through Netflix to find something for us to watch. I wasn't very calm, since I kept thinking about Judy. I had her number, and all I had to do was call her. I almost called her the day everything happened, because my anger was leading me on, but now that I think about it, I was unsure. I look at the phone Eren left here and sigh. Maybe if I confront her, she would leave me alone.

I take the phone in my hands and take the piece of paper where her number was written.

~Should I do it?~ I thought, biting my lips. It has been about 10 minutes since Eren was gone, so I would have enough time to be done with it before he came back.

"Now or never Y/N, now or never." I say to myself as I type in the correct digits. My heart was already beating faster as I press call. It was ringing for quite some time, but then I heard her voice.

"Hello? Eren?" I froze, not being able to answer her back.

"Eren?" She repeated, and I had to say something before she would hang up.

"Judy." Only her name came out of my mouth. I almost gagged saying it, that's how much I hated her. I stand up from the couch and look out of the window.

"You" She seemed surprised, but she did recognize me. Silence took over before I spoke.

"You should be in jail right now." I say through gritted teeth, pressing harder on the phone I was holding.

"What do you mean?" She tried to sound innocent, as if she didn't know what happened. I could feel the tension, and I knew even she was nervous right now.

"Do you not have any shame?" I felt myself shaking from the frustration. I wanted her to pay so bad.

MEANWHILE
EREN'S POV

I was going up the stairs, carrying bags full of different food. I wasn't good at cooking, at all, but I will try to mix something up for Y/N. She's been holding up so well, I admired her. As I came to our floor, I quietly unlocked the door, considering she might have fallen asleep. I slowly turn the handle and as I was about to step in, I noticed she was standing by the window. I wanted to call out for her, but her words stopped me.

"Do you not have any shame?" Her voice was trembling a little bit, and that's when I noticed she was speaking on the phone. My phone. I furrow my eyebrows and I step outside again, leaving the door ajar to hear her conversation. There was some silence, probably the person on the other side was speaking.

"I can't believe you went so far... What did I ever do to you?" My confusion grew even more, and I try to be as quiet as possible with the bags. What is she talking about? And with who?