Chapter 42

Y/N'S POV

I tiredly sighed as I rubbed my eyes, trying not to fall asleep. I sat on the most uncomfortable chair, in the most scariest dark hall in the world. The smell of hospital was not pleasant to me, but I wasn't going to leave.

Eren's surgery was done about an hour ago, but they said he needed some more rest and sleep. Everyone that was here left when the doctor came out and said surgery went fine, but I had to stay and see him.

Right now, the doctor was doing some post surgery check ups an by the time he finishes, Eren should be awake. I look at the clock on the white wall, it was barely midnight. I had no phone or any sort of entertainment, since I didn't have my purse with me.

The noise of door opening made me flinch, and I look up at the doctor. He was a middle aged man who, although it was probably his 10th hour on his shift, didn't seem tired at all. He wore all white and a face mask, as he got closer to me and spoke with his soft voice.

"Your boyfriend is awake, miss. You can see him now." He saw how worried I was, and caressed my arm before quietly walking away down the long hall.

I enter the room, seeing Eren laying in the bed with his eyes closed. At the sound of the door closing, he opened his eyes and looked a bit surprised.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" He sat up on the bed, confused and relieved at the same time.

"Did you seriously expect me to go home with you in the hospital?" I got closer to his bed and sat next to him. Aside from looking a little pale, Eren was holding up pretty good. I bring his hand to my lips to kiss it.

"Y/N..." Eren's words trailed off when he saw my eyes get teary.

"This is my fault, don't blame yourself" His other hand went to my knee and gently caressed it. No matter what he said, in my head this happened because of me. And the consequences are more than bad, God knows for how long he won't be able to play now.

"I should've listened to you, instead I was being an egoistic jerk that only wanted to win." His voice was bitter, as if he now was understanding how much this situation sucked. I take a deep breath in order to gather my thoughts. What is done is done, we can't bring the moment back.

"Well, you did win." I say, trying to get him to feel better. The game continued after the incident, without the Big Dog of course. He was given a red card and had to sit on the bench. Other guys played well and ended up scoring in the last five minutes. Eren smiled a little to show his happiness, but it didn't last long until his face turned serious again.

"Jean better be leaving the city if he wants to see another day" His other fist tightened and the tone of his voice got deeper. I bit my lip, caressing his hand with my thumb.

"Let's not talk about him, you should relax" I stood up but his hand didn't let go of mine.

"Are you leaving?" He sounded sad, staring at me with those pretty eyes. I didn't want to leave, but I wasn't allowed to stay here overnight.

"Visitors aren't allowed to stay with patients overnight." I tried to sound like a nurse that said that to me earlier. Now that I remember, she also said she would take good care of Eren. Yeah, I'm definitely not leaving now. Eren rolled his eyes and pulled me by my hand, so now my body was on his.

"Do I look like someone who cares about the rules?" He smirked and tried to lift me up so I could sit in his lap, but I stopped him.

"Are you crazy? I can hurt you, you're still fresh from the surgery" I tried to wiggle my way out of his grip, but he didn't let go.