Origami

~the title is a tad misleading... sorry~

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

"So how was everyone's day!?"

Morrigan sighed. "Jupiter, we literally spent the entire day together. That was a pointless question."

"I know, but you two have not said a single word this entire dinner. I needed to say something." Jupiter frowned. "What's going on with you, anyways?"

Morrigan chanced a glance at Jack. He was staring down at his food, as she had been a moment earlier. She could barely look at him for more than a few seconds, already feeling her cheeks heating up. The way his dark, coal black hair fell our of place, covering part of his face and eye, gently swaying at the faintest of movement, fingers playing with a small stand, his head tilted slightly to the side and tongue flicking out to lick his lips before he finished a mouthful of food, it was too much. 

Way, way too much.

Morrigan didn't notice that she had been staring until he looked up and caught her eye, forcing her to hurriedly look back down. 

Eye contact was even worse.

She wasn't quite sure what had happened that day, but whatever it was, Jack had become infuriatingly 10x more hot than he had been the day before, and that was saying something, considering Morrigan's longstanding... not obsession, no... more... infatuation with him.

Also there had definitely been some sexual tension between them.

Jupiter cleared his throat, and Morrigan remembered that he was trying to have a conversation with them at the same time she remembered that he was a witness. A literal witness, who probably everything going on and was either being cheeky or trying to do... something for them. She was also positive she couldn't trust herself to say more than a few words with Jack around without messing it up or making a fool of herself, so she decided that that was a good time to make her exit.

"I- uh- think I'm going to go up to my room." Morrigan pushed her plate away, still trying not to look at Jack.

"Oh- okay." Jupiter raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Mhm. Definitely." Morrigan's voice was a tad higher pitched than she would've liked it to be, so she turned away quickly and strode out the room ever so gracefully, toooootally not tripping over her chair as well as a nearby pot plant.

As soon as she made it into the next hallway, she sank to the ground, fists clenched, and let out a long sigh.

"What the hell was that, Morrigan?" She whispered to herself. "You're better than that."

Morrigan sat in the quiet, taking deep breaths in an attempt to recover. As she was finally feeling her heartbeat return to normal, footsteps echoed down the hall, and she looked up just as a tall frame called out.

"Mog?"

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

Jack slowly walked towards her, and Morrigan hastily got to her feet, adjusting her shirt and trying to look as though she hadn't just been on the verge of breaking down. "Hey..."

"Are you okay? Why were you sitting on the floor?"

"OH- oh- I- I just- uh- I fell."

"...oh."

"Wh- what are doing here you? I mean- ah- you doing here? Weren't you- uh- having dinner with Jupiter?"

"Well... we were having dinner all together, but then you left, and I came to find you."

"Ah. Oh. You- you came to find me?"

Jack scratched the back of his head and looked down, almost sheepishly. "Yeah- I- uh- I made this for you." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded napkin.

Morrigan stared at it, a tad confused as to why he was offering her a napkin. "Why are you giving me a napkin?"

Jack looked down at it. "Oh- oh whoops. It was supposed to- give me a sec." He turned away from her and when he looked back, he was not holding a napkin anymore. Well, it was still a napkin, but it had instead been folded into a flower.

"Origami. See?" He held it out to her and she took it, bringing it closer to her so she could study it.

Her heart beating so fast it could be a metronome for Flight of the Bumblebee, Morrigan looked back up to Jack and gave him a shaky smile. "I- it's a rose."

She noticed him blushing a little and already knew she was too. He smiled back at her and licked his lips. 

God, he licked his lips.

"Yeah, I- I know it's your favourite flower, and you know roses are... well they symbolise-"

"Love?"

Morrigan froze as she realised what she said. She said- she just... what was wrong with her? She could have sworn she heard Jack mutter something along the lines of "Oh my fucking god." and he inhaled heavily.

"Yeah, yeah they do. Roses symbolise love, Mog. And I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me sometime. Like, on a date."

Morrigan's heart wasn't beating anymore.

She had ascended.

"Morrigan?"

Morrigan realised she had been staring... again... this time with her mouth slightly open. She quickly closed it and took a deep breath, trying to prepare an answer, though she wasn't sure she'd be able to speak at all.

"I- uh- oh my god- um... cool."

Jack stared at her, eyebrow raised. "Cool?"

She groaned inwardly before replying. "I mean... uh... yeah sure. That- uh- yes."

"Great! It's a date." Jack's eye's sparkled as he gave her a quick wink and walked briskly down the hall, leaving Morrigan on the verge of tears, her emotions threatening to overwhelm her.

That had just happened.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

~Hello all! First of all, thank you for reading!! I know it's been a hot minute since I've posted anything... sorry about that. I do have excuses, however! 

I've been starting to write my own original book (✨wow✨ much cool) and school has been pretty intense coming back, along with a few other personal things that I've been going through. I hope you understand (not that many people even read this). 

Keep an eye out for some more oneshots I'll be posting in the next few months+weeks. 

OH and ALSO! I'm currently in the midst of writing a morrijack book! like an actual book- so... yay :D

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and have a lovely new year, and once again, thank you for reading! 💕~