chapter 3- dont fall asleep...

i was sitting by myself in the cafeteria when i see sophie walk in with the boy she was with earlier. they take trays and start taking food, her taking everything that he takes, ive heard roumors that shes from the forbidden cities but i dont want to judge her until i get to know her so while everyone else seems to be avoiding her, i dont mind.

 she takes some of the puffy- yellow stuff and i know shes going to regret that later. the boy she was with walks away, and she looks around for a minute before jensi walks up to her and takes her to sit with him and his friends. 

oh. i should probably go save her. as im making my way over to her, one of the prodigies who was a it closer to me then everyone else, marella redek, went up to her and grabs her away.

 because i left my table to go save her, marella and sophie sit at my (now empty) table. i sigh and decide that i shloud probably go back to my table. 

as i sit down at the table marella send me a confused glare-ish look "whats up?.........." she says to me i slump down in my seat.

 "sorry i was sitting here before and i saw you with my brother and his weird friends so i wanted to go help you when marella came instead. i hope you dont mind....." i say to sophie. 

she smiles slightly and tells me that its fine but the akwardness gets so unbareable i decide to skip lunch and head to phasing class. "well ill be going now. it was nice to meet you sohpie!" i stand up and race out of the cafeteria.

------ ------- - -- - - ------      ----- - - - - - - - - - - - - ---- -- - - - -- - -- - - - --  - ---- - -- ------- ------ ------------ ------

 i look at the nearest clock. ugh. i had half an hour for my lesson to start and the room was 2 minutes away, so instead i stand up and head towards my locker. having nothing better to do, i sit down on the floor next to my locker, take out my book on unicorns, and start reading. 

"the reason that unicorns are so rare is th-"  the words blur together as i doze off but soon enough i hear a voice next to me say "ha! look isnt that y/n babblos? shes sleeping? ooooh!! fitzy! help me prank her! pleeasseee!!" i hear the boy say.

 then another boy with a crisp accent says "no keefe! were not pranking her! im so not in the mood to get in trouble right now. should i wake her up? classes start in a few minutes" i recognised that voice immediately. fitz. oh shoot. i didnt 'wake up' because i was too embarassed. 

also i kinda wanted to see what he would do.

 "oh fitzy. your so boring. you really should get in trouble more its good for your soul." the boy says fitz laughs slightly and bends down next to me. 

he taps my shoulder gently "hey!" he whispers "next class starts in 10 minutes. i advise you wake up so your not late" his voice sound so nice and sweet.

 i pretend to wake up and i look down at my hands as i mumble "ugh this is so embaressing" fitz chuckles and stands back up giving me his hand to help me off the floor.

 i blush like crazy and i hide my face in my hands. meanwhile the other boy, a really cute and confident blonde guy, is standing behind fitz cracking up. fitz glares at him and he calms dow and holds out his hand for me to shake "sup' im keefe sencen" i shake his hand "y/n babblos" i say before turning to fitz "thanks for waking me up i wouldnt wanna be late for class".

 i start make my hair in to a ponytail as fitz says "no problem" the boys start walking away but right before they enter the level 4 wing fitz turns back around and says "hey y/n! by the way, you should leave your hair down. it looks cute like that" and he winks and walks away with keefe smirking behind him. 

i walk to my lesson try to ignore the fact that THE fitz vacker just called me cute.