chapter 5- the letter

jensi's jaw drops when he sees my envelope and inside, im freaking out.

i run up to my bedroom before letting it out though. i squeal and jump on my bed before carefully breaking the seal and taking out the letter.

 dear y/n:

gah! i have no idea what to write in this letter, so lets keep this short and sweet. 

i would like to meet up with you in atlantis on wednesday if you would like. we can get something to eat, go shopping, or just..... hang out :) 

wear something..... casual. (preferbly with a cape cuz we'll be in the noble city) 

much love,

fitz vacker :)

ps. please send a response 

no. freaking. way. my heart skipped a beat at seeing this. i had to keep reminding myself 'he didnt technically say it was a date but... then why would he ask me and not one of his many friends?

i sit around daydreaming for a few minutes until i remember that fitz is waiting for a response. i take out a peice of paper from my desk drawer and started writing:

hi fitz!

it was so cool to get a letter from you. 

i would love to go to atlantis with you! i know of this store, where they have the weirdest combination of custard burst flavours!

looking forward to it!!!!

- y/n babblos :)

ps. you shouldve seen my family's reaction to seeing the vacker seal on an envelope adressed to me, it was hillarious! 

 i look over it once more. eh good enough.

i put it in a light yellow envelope and close it with the babblos seal. then i send it off to everglen.

-------- ---------- --------- --------- ----------- --------- ---------- ---------- --------- --------- -------- ---------- --------

i walk down the stairs back to the living room, prepared to have a snack then get on some major reading. 

im feeling very energised and jumpy and wonder if this is what jensi feels on a daily basis.

my mom looks me up and down before saying "what was that letter?" my energy fades like that (imagine a snap) and i say "oh it was just some random letter from a friend of mine" my mother narrows her eyes before going back to the scroll she was reading. 

i walk in to the kitchen, take a peice or two (fine maybe it was four) of mallowmelt then i sit in the couch and open my book.

im almost finished with my chapter when jensi comes skipping in from where ever he was and closes my book. 

he takes it in his lap and says "ok. spill. what was that letter? who was it from? a boy? why did it have the vacker seal? wh-" 

i cut him off "jensi! i cant answer all those questions at once!" he sighs

"ok... so just tell me!" i smile slightly and say "ok. so yes it was from a vacker. yes it was from a boy, fitz obviously. and all it said was that he wants to meet up in atlantis on wednesday to hang out. thats all" i shrug

jesi is quiet for a second before he bursts out laughing "really!? i cant belive fitz vacker wants to hang out with YOU! i mean your the wierd loner kid who doesnt have any friends and- " he gets cut off by me punching his arm.  "ow!" he says

"jensi, what the hell was that!?" im on the verge of tears. i choke down the lump in my throat trying not to cry.  "why would you say all those mean things?!" i jump up and run off to my room before he can say anything else. 

i race in to my bedroom and slam the door shut behind me before jumping on to my huge bed, burring my face in the pillows and crying until i fell asleep.

------- -------- -------- - ----- -------- -------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ----------

i woke up to the feeling of cold cloth on my face. 

i felt gross from going to sleep without properly getting ready for bed last night. i was still in my school uniform, my teeth unbrushed, shoes still on, and all that.

 i peel the cape off of my face and sit up to see my mother standing by my closet, looking through my clothes. "hello mother, good morning." i said groggily. 

my mother turned around and exitedly said "why hello there sunshine! took you long enough to wake up!" she laughs. 

i look at her confused as to why she was suddenly being so nice to me "well come on! get dressed in the clothes i gave you!" she says smiling at me.

 i glance over at the clothing that was previously thrown at my face. it was normal foxfire clothes except a bit fancier.... and the skirt was a bit shorter.....

i look up at my mother "what is all this?" i ask confused.

my mom looks at me and says "im sorry. for the way that i acted. i really am. it didnt really help matters that you didnt have any friends though, so last night after you fell asleep, i came in here and read that letter that you got."

shoot.

"so....... you're sorry for-" i started slowly before she cut me off

"BUT, i could never be mean to someone who is a possible vacker- girlfriend. i mean, fitz sooooooooooo likes you! ah! im exited!" 

oh. i shoulve known she was only being nice because i now had a vacker asking to hang out with me. what a mom i have.......

hi!!!!  so i hope you guys liked this chapter. lol idk why but i really wanted to mention the trouble of waking up when you forgot to brush your teeth the night before. in my opinion, it is the grossest feeling in the world. who can relate? lol ik no ones gonna answer that but anyhow.... i would love to get comments on this! it would make me feel appreciated. 

this chapter has 990 words :)

toodles