• XXVIII •

• Delaney •

I walked into the apartment and saw and saw his shoes were laying on the floor, one on the side. His skull cap and oversized jacket were resting on the counter top.

I set my jacket where his was and walked into our room.

He stripped down everything except his underwear.
Man, did his muscles look good.

I took off my clothes too and just laid there next to him.

I closed my eyes and couldn't stop thinking about my dad. Who was that bitch? Was be trying to replace mom? I mean, she wasn't an angel either but why. She didn't even look like her.

I gradually fell asleep.

***

I woke up and the "bed" was empty. I stretched a bit, rubbed my eyes, and put my clothes back on. I walked out the room and saw Jimmy and Lily.

" G'mornin' guys." I greeted them and Lily waved at me.

Jimmy didn't say anything, guess he was still pretty upset from last night. I sighed and walked past him to the fridge.

Surprisingly there was food in here. By food I mean milk, waffles, and some eggs.

I wasn't really hungry, it was prolly 'cuz the food didn't look appetizing anyways.

I looked over to Lily and Jimmy. He was helping her eat the waffles. It was a really sweet scene.

"Ayo when do you go to school?" He didn't bat an eye in my direction.

"Around eight..?" I answered hesitantly.

"Can you pick me up at seven?" He finally looked at me.

"Sure.." I said with a little sadness in my voice.

"Thanks, watch over Lily for the day aight?" He asked.

I nodded my head and looked over to Lily, her face had waffles crumbs on the sides.

He walked over to me and rubbed my back.

I looked over to him.

"Sorry 'bout last night." He mumbled. He dropped his hand from my back and looked down.

"You good." I laughed a bit after. He met my gaze and gave me a quick peck.

"Ewww!" Lily said in disgust. We looked over to her. I chuckled a bit and Jimmy went and started tickling her.

"I'll see you after work." He mumbled to her and gave her a kiss of the cheek.

He left after that.

"We're gonna get in tons of trouble today!" I cooed at  Lily.

"Are you and Jimmy going to get married?" She asked and started laughing uncontrollably.

"Uhh.. Well.." I trailed smiling a bit. "I'll have to think about it.." I whispered.

"Can we go to the park?" She asked.

" 'course." I replied.

She jumped off the single bar stool and did her wobbly run to her room.

I smile; grabbed the plate and cup then put it in the sink for later.

I walked to the couch where we had our coats just laying there.

I grabbed mine and she came back out with her shoes untie, her jacket unzipped, and a stuffed animal in hand.

I laughed a bit. She sat on the bar stool and I tied her shoe laces. She jumped down and I fixed her coat.

Jimmy left his beanie.. Shit, if he ain't gon' wear it might as well take it with me.

I grabbed his hat and his scent immediately filled my nose.

"We're gon' have to walk ok?" I told her closing the apartment door behind me.

"Yeah!" She said waving her stuffed animal in hand.

I grabbed her free hand as we rode down the elevator.

***

I was pushing Lily on the swing when I saw a black SUV pull up in the parking lot across the street.

I kept my eye on the people that came out since that car looked just like the one from the time Bob shot himself. Shit.. was he with Iz?

"Shit.." I mumbled. It was them and Papa Doc was messing with the same people.

"What's wrong?" Lily asked me, as I stopped pushing her.

"Oh–oh, it's nothing." I reassured her.

"Dooooo you wanna get something to eat?" I asked walking in front of her.

"Mmm, can we go see Jimmy?" She asked swaying her tiny feet.

"Yeah yeah." She put her hands in the air because she wanted me to carry her.

I picked her up from the chair and held her as I started walking down the street tryin' to avoid Papa Doc.

***

"Del?" I heard Jimmy call out to me from the stairway.

"Whaddup doe!" I greeted him with Lily in my arms.

"Hey.. Lily." He took her from my arms and hugged her.

"What are y'all doin' here?" He asked and rubbed Lily's back.

"Nuthin' just at the–Shit! Check it, I saw Papa Doc hangin' with Iz!" I told him.

He questioned me with his eyes.

"Why?" He bluntly asked.

"Shit, beats me.."

He sighed and set Lily down on the ground.

"When do you come home from school?" He asked.

"I think around eleven or twelve." I answered.

"I could really use–"

"OKOK, I know what you're thinkin'" I laughed a bit.

He smiled slightly.

"Alright I'll see ya then.." He said with a wink.

He kissed Lily's forehead and walked away to get in line for some food I assume.

He's a really great brother.

"What do you wanna do now?" I asked her.

"I'm tired." She mumbled and rubbed her eyes.

I chuckled a bit.

"Ok, we can go home." I whispered to her.

***