Chapter 23: Promises

[Important: YOU MIGHT WANT TO REREAD A FEW CHAPTERS BEFORE YOU READ THIS, TO UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON]

[THIS CHAPTER IS FROM AALIYAH'S MOM POV]

Aaliyah's Mom POV

"Aaliyah, I have your food baby," I said, walking into the room with a tray full of food.

"Aaliyah?" I said, setting the tray down and looking around the room.

Kameron must have left, I thought. As I noticed that he wasn't there.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of water running. I rushed to the bathroom and pushed open the door.

"OH MY GOD MY BABY," I yelled, as I ran to the side of the tub and grabbed Aaliyah into my arms and turned off the water.

"We need a doctor in here," I yelled into the hallway, tears flowing down my face.

"C'mon baby. You can make it. C'mon, baby," I said, rocking back and forth and patting her cheek.

"Ma'am please back up from the patient," a doctor said, backing me up from Aaliyah.

"No I can't. She's my baby," I replied, tears clouding my vision. My heart beating faster and faster by the second. My sobs were getting louder and I couldn't control them.

"Ma'am it's okay," a nurse said, walking me to a seat in the hallway.

I watched as more nurses and doctors rushed into Aaliyah's room.

I can't live without my baby. She's my only daughter and all I have left.

Her father died when she was younger. I've always told Aaliyah that he died because of a sudden illness. But that's not true..

Nothing is true anymore. Nothing is okay anymore. Even more tears began to flow down face as the truth crept back in my mind.

Flashback:

"Andrew, back up from me," I said, hugging, a crying 11 year old Aaliyah.

"Baby, I made a mistake. It'll never happen again," Andrew replied, his arms outstretched.

"Andrew. I'll never forgive you for what you did,"

"I'm sorry," he said, as he suddenly bursted into a coughing frenzy.

"You're sorry. Sorry for what. Andrew YOU TRIED TO RAPE OUR DAUGHTER. The police are on their way," I replied, tears flowing down my face.

"Honey, I know you love me," He said, taking a step towards me.

"Aaliyah go upstairs baby. And Andrew don't take another step towards me," I watched as Aaliyah ran upstairs.

"Or what?" he said, taking another step.

He reached for my hand. Before he could grab me, I reached over and grabbed the pistol that was sitting on his desk and shot.

I looked up to see where the bullet landed.

It landed square between his eyebrows. I watched as he crumpled to the ground.

I stood there in shock. What did I just do? I just killed the only man I've loved since high school. My high-school sweetheart.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Open up it's the police,"

I began to panic. I did the only thing left, I laid the glock in his hand to make it seem like a suicide.

"Mommy, what's going on?" Aaliyah asked, coming down the stairs.

I began to cry harder.

"Baby, everything is going to be alright from now on,"

I rushed to the front door and opened it.

"Officer, he shot himself,"

"Who did," the officers asked, rushing in.

"The man who tried to rape my daughter," I replied. "My husband."

Flashback over.

I promised myself that Aaliyah can never find out the truth. She must NEVER find out the truth. Because if she does...

"Ma'am it's safe to go in," said the nurse.

I got up and walked into the room.

"Hi baby," I said, walking to the side of her bed.

"Hey mom," Aaliyah replied. Her lips were a little blue, and her face was pale.

"How you're feeling?" I asked.

"Horrible. I've lost Shaun and Kameron, the only two people I cared about," she replied, looking up at the ceiling.

"But you have Tyra, and Michelle, and a bunch of your other friends,"

"I know, I know," she said, turning her head to look out the window.

"Aaliyah just promise you'll never do anything like that again. You had me scared," I replied, grabbing her hand.

She looked at me. I could see the warmth returning back to her eyes.

"I promise," she replied.

I leaned over her bed and kissed her forehead.

"I need to go for a walk," Aaliyah said, getting out of bed.

"I think you should rest sweetie," I said.

"I'm fine mom," Aaliyah replied, walking out the door.

"Don't take too long,"

"I won't," she replied, giving me one last look before leaving.

________________

Only 1 more chapter left till the end. I know y'all have questions. Ask away.

Read. Vote. Comment.

-OvOxKing