Chapter 4: Jealousy

As soon as I walked in, mom began to fire questions at me.

"So, who was that?" she asked.

"What are you talking about?" I said, playing dumb.

"Aaliyah. Don't play stupid. I looked out the window." she repliod, laughing.

"Ohh his name is Shaun,"

"Shaun who?"

"Shaun Moore. I go to school with him, and we have a few classes together. We're just friends,"

"Mhm, whatever you say," she replied, smirking as she walked away.

"Goddamn," I mumble, walking upstairs to the bathroom to take a shower again.

After I got done showering, I finished my homework and began texting Shaun.

To be honest, I got no sleep that night. I stayed up all night talking to Shaun. We talked for hours on the phone. Shaun is so sweet, I mean he might could be future bae for real.

:

Over the weeks, we began to get a lot closer. He walks me to the bus stop everyday. Walks me to class. Texts me everyday after practice. Hugs me, kisses me and just tells me I'm beautiful. He the real MVP. I'm just waiting on him to pop that question.

:

One day, the alarm set for school rings.  At first I wasn't excited but, then I realized that I got to see future bae. And he's going to meet mom today.

I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and got dressed.

As I was walking downstairs, there was a knock on the door.

"Aaliyah, its for you!" mom yelled, smiling.

"Who is it?" I asked. But I already knew who it was.

I walk to the door and opened it. I see Shaun standing there, smiling.

"Hey booh," he says, hugging me.

"Wassup babyboy," I reply. "Come in."

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Smith. My name's Shaun." he says, extending his hand but my mom pulls him into a hug.

"Nice to finally meet you Shaun," she replies.

"Okay, enough with the meet and greet," I say, rushing Shaun out the door.

As we walked down the street on the way to the bus stop, I see Tyra and her friend leaving Shaun's house.

Apparently, that must be the bitch who Tyra is trying to hook Shaun up with.

"What's her name?" I ask, nodding to Tyra's friend.

"Ariana," he replies.

"Oh. Did she spend the night or something?"

"Yeah. She live across town but her parents kicked her ass out their crib. So she crashing with us," Shaun replied.

"How long she been staying there?" I ask.

"About a week. Starting school with us today," Shaun replies. "But don't worry, I keep my distance."

I laugh. "Okay boo,"

As we stood at the bus stop, I noticed Ariana staring at Shaun and I.

"The fuck is she staring at?"

"Just ignore her," Shaun said, laughing.

The bus arrives, and we load the bus. When we arrived at school, as Shaun and I was walking to 1st period, Ariana cuts in front of me and grabs Shaun by the arm.