Chapter 2: A New Beginning

After I had got my schedule from Guidance. As I was walking to first period, Math, Mr. Roberts, I see Shaun.

He's so damn cute, I thought as he notices me and walks over.

"What class you got ma?" he asks, with that sexy ass smirk.

"Mr. Roberts," I reply.

"Yo, I got him too. We can walk there together," he says, winking.

"Okay prettyboy," I replied.

We walked down the hallway and then upstairs to where Mr. Roberts class was located. When we entered the class, Mr. Roberts eyeballs us and gives us a stank look.

"Shaun, you're late... again. And who's this?" he asks.

"This Aaliyah, she's your new student," Shaun replies.

"Oh yes yes. Um, Ms. Aaliyah you can sit in the seat next to Shaun," Mr. Roberts says.

"Yessir," I reply, making my way down the aisle to the seat.

"Aye, lil mama let me get ya number." Some boy from the back yells as I take my seat.

"Bruh chill. She doesn't want any of y'all ugly niggas. She want me," Shaun says laughing, and gives the guy a dap.

I roll my eyes and turn around.

"Shaun get to your seat," Mr Roberts yells, obviously agitated.

Shaun walks up behind me and pulls on my hair.

"Looks like it's just you and me for the rest of the year," he says, smirking.

Shaun takes his seat and Mr. Roberts gives us the classwork for the day. As I was finishing up, a piece of crumbled paper hits me on the back.

"Really?" I mumble, as I turn around. I notice the same boy who tried to holla at me, smiling.

"Open it," he mouthed, and winked.

I picked up the paper, and opened it. It readd: "You cute, I was wondering if you're single? - Kameron"

I snickered. Really? These niggas at this school don't give up. I crumble the piece of paper and throw it away.

"What was that?" asked Shaun, catching a attitude.

"Nothing," I replied.

I notice Shaun tense as he went back to his work. Wait? Is this nigga getting jealous? I shake the thought from my mind and turned in my paper.

The bell rings to switch class so I pick up my stuff and make my way down the hall. As I was walking, Tyra bumps into me.

"I know you seen me walking," she says, obviously trying to start something.

"Yo shawty, you seriously need to grow the fuck up," I reply, brushing past her. I'm not with that drama shit, I got into too many fights at my old school, and I'm not tryna have anymore here. 

"Ignore her," Shaun says, walking up. "She probably just jealous,"

"You seen that?"

He laughed. "Yeah. Buts it's ight. I wouldn't blame you for poppin' off on her like that. She can be annoying sometimes,"

"I can tell," I reply, laughing. The late bell rings for class.

"See you around shawty," he says, walking away.

:

By lunchtime, I had made 3 new friends. A girl named Michelle, another named Tary, and a gay boy named Damien. They seemed to run Crenshaw, and they're mad funny.

We had just say down for lunch, when suddenly Shaun walks up and hugs me from behind.

"Aaliyahhhhhh," he yelled, squeezing me.

"Shaun, you play too much," I laughed, pushing him off.

He laughed. "I gotta football meeting, but I'll see ya later. Ight?"

"Okay prettyboy," I reply, as he walks away.

"Girl, you know he likes you right," Michelle said, smiling once Shaun was out of earshot.

"Nahh, he probably just trying to get me sprung like he probably do to the other girls here," I said.

"He's not like that. But, that nigga is fineeee as fuckkkkkk. You better get his lightskin ass before these other bitches around here do," Michelle said.

"Right," Tary and Damien agreed.

"True," I replied, smiling.

Pretty soon the bell rings, signaling us to go to fourth period. I dump our trash and make my way to class with the image of Shaun's sexy ass smile lingering in my head.