Chapter 29

Zarin got furious when Harry told him that Zayn bit him. He began to curse and say that he would kill Zayn. Harry barely stopped him from making the mistake of seeking out Zayn. It's not like Zarin could win a fight against him.

"Zarin, please relax. The mark is gone."

"How can I relax? That man bit you against your will. Does your father know?"

Harry panicked. "Promise me you won't tell him."

Zarin turned away from him, not wanting to make that promise.

"Zarin! Don't make me regret what I told you. Promise me you won't say a word to anyone."

Zarin swore under his breath. "Alright, I promise. But if he comes for you again, I'll kill him."

Harry sighed, deciding not to tell him the rest. Harry only told him about the bite and he was so angry. If he told him the rest, he would put himself in danger.

"Is that why he was here? Because the bite is gone and he wants to bite you again." He asked.

Harry opened his mouth but didn't know what to say.

Zarin shook his head. "I'll stay here with you every night." He said with finality.

"No. I don't want you to."

"I don't care. I am not letting you out of my sight."

"You can't guard me forever. If he wants to bite me, there is nothing you can do or anyone else for that matter. Only I have the chance to do something."

"There is always a way out," Zarin told him. "I won't let him near you."

"Zarin remember, I was the one who went to him. I have it under control." Harry said but regretted it when anger blazed through his eyes.

"It's the mark doing all this." He said with clenched teeth.

"The mark is gone." Harry reminded.

Zarin frowned. "Then why did you go to him?"

How he wished he had the answer to his question. "I don't know." Harry shrugged.

Zarin hit the table with his fist, causing the wood to break. Harry was taken aback by his fury. He had never seen him like that before.

"He is manipulating you."

Oh no, Harry thought. It was a terrible idea, telling him.

"Don't worry. I won't let him near you, but promise me you won't go to him."

How was he supposed to promise him that?

"Harry, promise me." He urged.

"I can't." It came out as a whisper. He did not want to hurt him.

"Why?" He yelled.

"Because... because he is my husband."

Zarin's eyes widened in shock, and he just stared at him for a moment. Harry was shocked by his own words. That wasn't the way he imagined getting married.