Chapter 50

"Zayn." Harry tried to call Zayn, he knew because this wasn't him. 

Zayn kept looking at him, now the storms in his eyes returning. He was angry again. 

"You stabbed them. You… you stabbed a child several times." 

"I am sorry," Harry said.

Even if it was a dream, it felt real to him and it must have been horrible to see him, the person he loved, stabbing his family to death. 

Zayn shut his eyes tightly and his hands clenched into fists. 

"Don't apologize." He said. "It's not your fault. It is mine." 

Opening his eyes, he turned away from Harry and went back to bed. He sat down and buried his face in his hands. 

Harry just stood there for a while, looking at this troubled man. He didn't know what to do. He was still confused. 

Carefully he approached Zayn, and as if he was afraid by Harry's closeness he looked up quickly.

Harry halted.

"You probably have a lot to do. I don't want to distract you." He said, his voice returning to one he recognized, but his sudden change confused Harry. 

"Zayn, are you alright?" He hurried. 

He looked at Harry. "Look at me." He began. "Look. I told you, I have nothing good to offer you. I thought for a while I could do better, that I could be better for you but…" He shook his head as if disappointed with himself. "You should leave me while you can."

"Would you? Would you leave me if I was hurting?"

A frown settled on his face. "Never." 

"Then how do you expect me to leave you? Is it love if I only stay with you through good times? And…" Harry didn't even know where to begin to remove the bad thoughts from his mind. "Who said you have nothing to offer? You already offered a lot. Before you came, I was just a little boy doing nothing with his life, with no courage or confidence to make a change. I was even thinking of marrying a stranger. You made me believe in myself, believe that I could make a change even if it was a small one. When I was close to giving up, you were there again to remind me I could do it. I am the person, I am now because of you. You make me feel strong, wanted, and needed. So I am going nowhere. Just like the way you encourage me when I am giving up, I'll be there to pull you back from the edge when you are about to fall. It's giving and take." Harry smiled. 

Zayn took his hands and made them stand up. Then he drew him into his arms and kissed him. It was a quick kiss, but he never kissed him like that before. He sucked the breath out of his lungs, leaving him weak and needy just to stop. Both took shallow, shaky breaths, but Harry didn't want it to end yet. He wanted more.

Wrapping his arms around Zayn's neck, he kissed him back with the same intensity. He felt his body tremble but ignored it. Lost in the heat, he could only focus on his body's urges. It scared him, but again he pushed it to the back of his mind. His fingers entangled in his hair and he drew him closer. It was like he couldn't get enough. His warmth, his scent, and his taste were addicting. 

Zayn grabbed his arms and pulled away, "Harry." But Harry didn't let him. He wasn't done yet, so he kissed him again. How could he get enough of this taste? The taste of… what was this taste?