Chapter 68

Harry left his father a bit confused. Was he impressed or not? He gave him mixed feelings, but Harry sensed he wasn't too happy. Was it because of the way he spoke? Was he disrespectful? Was it because he said he and The Royal army were wrong? 

Harry sighed. He was too tired to think of it now and too hungry. His stomach growled on his way back to the guest room. His father had told him to rest. He would take over from here. Harry trusted that he would find the right way to punish the King and the Prince so Harry wasn't worried. 

"Your Highness." 

Harry turned back to find General Kian walking up to him. He bowed before looking at him worriedly. 

"Your Highness. I have been worried about your wellbeing." He said. 

"Thank you. I am alright." Harry assured him, "Are you alright?" 

He nodded. 

There was something very likable about General Kian and Harry couldn't put his finger on what it was. 

"You have impressed many of us. We were reminded of your father when he used to easily take over other kingdoms."

Harry smiled shyly, feeling like he didn't deserve all the praise. He was nowhere near his father. He had taken over kingdoms with his army alone. He had only taken over a castle with the help of his men and two demons. There was nothing impressive about it. If his father wanted, he could have taken over the castle all alone. 

"You, the army, and father did most of the work. I didn't do much." Harry said. 

He smiled. "You did well. Please rest, Your Highness. We will take over from here. And I would love to work on war strategies with you in the future." 

Harry couldn't believe his ears. Did General Kian just tell him, he wanted to work with him? He felt like jumping around with joy but contained himself. 

"I would love to help," Harry told him. 

"Have a good rest." He said and excused himself. 

Harry went back to the guest room with a smile. He might not have failed if General Kian considered working with him. Suddenly he felt energetic again. 

Before going to bed, he needed to bathe, but he had sent Kate away for her safety. And he didn't feel comfortable asking one of the maids in the castle to help him, so he decided to do it alone. 

As he unbuckled his belt, he felt someone materialize in his room. Before he could turn he already knew who it was and it made the blood in his veins boil. He had forgotten about him and almost wished it remained that way.

Harry didn't want to believe that his friend would step so low to do something like that. How could he do that? 

"Harry." 

He looked weary as he should. He carefully stepped forward. "I can explain." Zarin began.

"What could explain your actions?" Harry asked. "Go home! I don't want to see you again." He turned away from him. 

He didn't know whether he was more hurt or angry, but he knew this feeling, the feeling of his demon being provoked. He was angrier than ever now because this time he felt betrayed.