More revelations

Y/N POV

I was startled when the door slammed open, and I broke the kiss as quickly as I could, hoping no one noticed.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO Y/N?" Veronica exclaimed, sprinting away from Cate.

"RONI—" I attempted to stop her, but she had already pushed Cate away from me.

"NO, BECAUSE WHY ARE YOU KISSING MY BESTFRIEND?" she exclaimed.

Ethan was beside her, pulling her away from Cate, and I was still too weak to stop her.

I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"RONI STOP!" Veronica looked at me, and even Cate was taken aback by how loud I screamed.

My back was pierced by a sharp pain, but it didn't matter.

"CATE IS MY GIRLFRIEND, SO STOP HARASSING HER!" Cate looked at me shock,

Even I was surprised because I hadn't expected to say that.

"Since when?" Veronica asked, suddenly quiet.

"Please, Roni, not now." I began to feel the pain I had felt earlier, and everything began to blur—and blur—

"Y/n!"

-----------------------------------------------

CATE POV:

Everything happened so quickly that I can't remember what she called me earlier.I had butterflies, but I know I shouldn't because I don't even know if she likes me.

"Is she even in love with me?" I sighed, a loud thought running through my mind.

We're standing outside y/n's room, waiting for the doctor to finish her examination.

"I'm sorry," Veronica said, her eyes welling up with tears.

"I didn't think about what I was about to do," she sobbed.

"I understand, I know how important Y/n is to you," I said, turning to face her and pulling napkins from my bag.

"I'm so sorry, Cate, is it true that you and y/n are dating?"

Her question made me even more nervous, I'm not sure if I should answer honestly or not,

because telling her the truth would make y/n a liar.

"We're on the same page," I said confidently, hoping to persuade her.

"Oh, I see, I just didn't expect it, I don't want to see y/n hurt, she deserves the world, I acted like that earlier because I was afraid what if I lost her, what if this thing happened again, I treat her as my big sister, she's the only family I have"

She looked at me through my eyes, and I could tell she was sincere.

"Cate, please take good care of her and don't hurt her like other people do because of her work"

"yes, I will never hurt y/n, I promise you that I'll make her happy" I said, imaging Y/n is mine.

Ethan arrived and handed us drinks he had purchased from the cafeteria.

Minutes later, the doctor exited the room and began walking in our direction. I can feel how tense my body is, how nervous I am to hear the news.

"We have wonderful news!" exclaimed the doctor, widening his smile.

"Y/n's back is already healing, which is why she felt some pain, everything will return to normal eventually, but for the time being she needs rest and someone to help her recover," the doctor said as he looked at me.