Rest

Cate's POV:

I woke up with my arms around y/n. I caressed her head and moved the group of hair on her face, kissed her forehead, thinking she'd wake up from that, but she didn't. I should let her rest first, then slowly get out of bed and dress, we agreed to sleep naked, I go downstairs to look for food to make, I'm considering mashed potatoes, bacon, and a mini burger. I gathered my ingredients and began cooking, while cooking, I grabbed my phone and began listening to music.

I began to sing, which put me in a better mood for what I was doing. While waiting for the food to cook, I grabbed two wine glasses and filled them with sparkling water, drank half of my glass, then refilled it.

I heard footsteps from my room, so I guess y/n is awake. I focus on cooking again because the only thing I have to prepare is the mini burger, so I grab the ingredients from the fridge and begin frying. A warm hug from behind surprised me.

"Hey sweetie, what are you cooking?" She whispers in my ears

"I'm making us breakfast sweetheart" I faced her to give her a long kiss

She grabbed my neck and gave in deeply, she backed against the counter and roam her hands towards my breast

"Hmm you sure you want that for breakfast?" I asked

"There's nothing more I want sweetie"

I backed and gave her a peck instead,

"Whyyy?" She pouts

"I have to finish this, we have to eat" I giggled

"Finee" she smiled and hug me again while arranging our burgers

I'm still amazed at how much happened in such a short period of time.

I met y/n one night and we slept together, but then something tragic happened, and now she lives next to me. I don't have any regrets, but I'm getting a strange feeling. I arranged the plates on the table, and y/n assists with the napkins and food. "Thank you, darling," I said as I smiled at her. We ate our breakfast while discussing career.

We finished and y/n decided to do the dishes while I went to the office to sign some business papers. Being the CEO of a large company is exhausting, despite the fact that it pays well.

I take a shower and quickly get dressed, I was going to say goodbye to y/n but decided to leave her a message instead. I got in my car and drove to my destination.

Y/N POV:

After I finished wiping the plates, a message popped up on my notification, so I made sure my hands were dry and grabbed my phone, only to see cate's name on it. "For the time being, I'm going to work. "I was unsettled as to why she didn't come see me before she left. "OK, sweetie, stay safe," I said.

I didn't mind it for the moment because there had to be a reason why she left like that, maybe she was in a hurry.

I go to her room to lie down and rest, my back has been fine since the accident. Everything is a terrifying experience. I'm still lucky to have escaped unmolested.

Cate's house was so massive that it took me a while to visit every area, from different rooms to her garden. To be honest, I'm bored without Cate because I don't have much to do here. I return to her room and take out my phone to text Veronica, I've been wanting to spend time with her for a long time. I texted her, and she immediately agreed to where we would eat lunch.

I picked out a dress to spice my look and ride my way to the restaurant. Veronica was already inside, sitting at our table. She kissed me on the cheek as she greeted me.

"How have you been, bestie?"Knowing what happened to me with Cate, I gave her a wide grin and said, "I'm doing so well.""Really? I'm glad" "I think I know why," she says with a wink. I rolled my eyes and motioned for the waiter to take our order. We ate the food after our catch-up session.

----------------------------------------

Cate's POV:

I've been sitting in my office for a while now, re-thinking my life decisions. I mean, y/n is a wonderful person, she's perfect, but I don't think she'll commit to my feelings in the end. I'm scared, scared to fall in love again. Love is the most terrifying emotion in the world, there will never be enough assurance that the person still loves you. 

I rest my hands on my face, why would I think she'll fall for me in the first place? All of this is nonsense. Cate, it's natural for her to flirt, but you should stop right now before you get hurt again.I looked at my phone, tempted to send her a message or even call her, but my mind told me not to. 

I think I should let her move away,