The Truth

Y/N POV:

I woke up in a dark room, the pain coursing through my body is unbearable, and everything hurts.

"Where am I?"

I could smell the smoke and alcohol from a group of men laughing next to this room. I still can't believe it happened to me.

I hope Cate knows that I'm fine.

I reached into my pocket but found no phone, a loud bang startled me, and I noticed the guy staring at me.

"What the fuck do you want? Why am I here?" I yelled angrily.

"You're such a nosy b*tch," he chuckled.

"Fuck you!" I tried to get up but couldn't.

"Let me fucking go or I'm going to kill you," I added.

"Like I care about you, h*e," the guy teased while rubbing my legs.

A deep voice yelled at the guy, "GODDAMIT THEY'RE HERE, WE HAVE TO GO," and the guy immediately stood up and ran, leaving me terrified and feeling shit.

After a few moments,

I didn't realize I'd lost consciousness until someone lifted me up and led me to a car, all I could hear was the police siren and a lot of people talking.

I was rushed to the hospital and examined for a variety of issues. A cop drove me to the station to conduct an interview.

"Do you know how you wound up there?" he questioned.

"All I heard was that they wanted to take pictures of me and sell them to people," I sobbed.

"The criminals have already been apprehended, we will seek justice."

A lot of questions were asked, and I understand how upsetting it is to be asked about what happened.

I'm back in the hospital now, someone knocked on the door, and I said, "Come in.""Oh my god, I'm glad you're okay now," Veronica hurriedly hugged me, "we were so worried when we heard what happened, I'm sorry I wasn't there," Veronica continued, while Ethan smiled at me and rubbed my back.

"Cate is so worried, I think you should call her right now," Ethan suggested.

I was surprised because he knew about me and Cate, and I gave him a puzzled look.

"Don't worry, she told me she was with you the day before it happened," he said, and I felt relieved.

He took a piece of paper from his wallet and dialed a number.

*ringing*

"I got the news, what happened Ethan? do you know where she is now?" poor Cate she is really worried about me, a single tear rolled down my eye, I tried to speak but no voice came out of me, I cried

"C-c-cate?" I sobbed.

"Y/N?! Is that you?"

"Y-yess, I'm fine now, don't worry," I assured her, "I'm at the hospital, you can come see me when you're not busy."

"Are you serious? I will never be busy when it comes to you," she said softly, her voice soothing but fearful.

"I miss you, and I'm sorry I didn't get to go back there," I said to her.

"Y/n, you don't have to apologize;, what matters is that you're alive, you have no idea how worried I am. I'm so glad you're okay now," she exclaimed joyfully.

"I'm already on my way, take care, sweetheart," she said.

"I'll be waiting, and please stay safe."