Chapter 14: Relationships Tangle

-BEN's POV-

        I walk into the shared kitchen after hanging out with Red, he's a real cool guy. I walk over to the fridge to grab a strawberry soda, just to be met by a note withholding my husband's handwriting. Perturbed, I pluck it from the magnet and read it.

"𝓗𝓮𝔂 𝓗𝓾𝓷- 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼, 𝓼𝓸 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮.. 𝓘 𝔀𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓪 𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓵𝓮 𝓫𝓲𝓽. 𝓘 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴, 𝓼𝓸 𝓲𝓯 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓾𝓹 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓢𝓸𝓾𝓵 𝓢𝓲𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓻, 𝓪𝓵𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽?

-𝓖𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓔𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓼"

I admire his dainty hand writing before actually thinking of why he'd need to go away and think, I'm his husband, he should be able to tell me everything- Wait.. it's about Red. As I sit on the kitchen island I delve into the depths of my mind trying to remember the relationship between Gold and Red in the games. They were friends to rivals I believe.. but in my guy's file they were friends to rivals, but then back to friends, if I'm correct. If this is the case, Red had pushed Gold to the edge from their last battle, he constantly threw insults. and because of Gold's lowered self esteem, that stuff hit him like my dad did me. So..

But he already got over that time in his life, but it would still make sense to be mad when someone that did that to him was near... but why did he need to go away just for that?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Red, "Heya, benny-boy, ya good? You seem to be deep in though, what're you thinking?" he loosely hopped on the stool in front of me and looked in my eyes. While I appreciate my Idol's presence and face I notice his expression a bit more. He seems slightly unsettled, like the face you have when you watch creepy Tik Toks at 1am and suddenly feel like you're being watched. I was offset by this, why would he react like this?

"I could ask you the same thing, you seem unsettled" I spoke. His expression dropped like when you're mum catches you in a lie.

"W-what makes you say that? I just get embarrassed when people stare at me!" He threw his gaze all around the room but never at me, "So stop it-" He waved his hand in front of my face.

"If you say so...", I was still a bit suspicious, but didn't let it show, "Hey? Do you know what's up with Goldie?" I asked.

"Nah, not a clue, I don't even know what you mean", his expression relaxed while speaking.

"Aw alright.. Thanks anyway."

"Oh- Do you wanna go pick up some boba tea? it could be like a date!" He sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. I will admit, being asked out by one of the people you look up to is flattering. But I have a husband who I love dearly.

"Sorry, gonna have to decline the date part", I gently brushed his arm off me, his face slightly fell at that, "But we can go as a bro hangout!" He looked a bit happier at that.

"Okay! Meet ya at the door in 10, I'm gonna get dressed" and he ran off. I was soon to follow, taking Gold's note off the fridge and walking to my room. I entered it and set the note on my desk, and got dressed in a PlayStation shirt and black jeans. I wish Love didn't go in his game, I wanna know what's wrong.

'𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘐'𝘥 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮. 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't make a drinking game out of how many times I said "Gold", you'd end up dying-

word count, 620