Korea Open

People

Population:Over 46.6 million (2014 est.). Koreans descended from the Mongolian race in prehistoric times.Periods of occupation have also added Chinese and Japanese blood to the gene pool.Although they have borrowed from the other cultures, especially Chinese and Japanese. Koreans have maintained their own distinctive language,culture,and customs.

It is family orientated society,heavily based on Confucianism,which even in modern times retains the basic patterns and manners of family-centered life.

▶Socoal Attitudes

The Chinese long ago described korea as "the Eastern country of courteous people".This aphorism reflected then Korean's traditional esteem for decorum, courtesy, and propriety,derived for teachings of Confucians, Neither North nor South Korea would claims to be confucian in the traditional manner these but Korean hospitality.Both North and South, is likely to remain memorable.Koreans do not favor demonstrative behavior in front of those who do not know well.They tend to be remote and may seem standoffish in the presence of stangers.They not necessarily friendly to the people they meet on the street,whether Korean or Foreigner .I can say all these words because I lived in korea and all of these are totally true XD.

Customs

Traditionally,the main festival of the year began with the Lunar (sometimes called "Chinese" in the west) New Year, which falls late January to late FebraryThis was,and is, a time for dressing up,family visits, and feasting.Although both North and South Korea tried to substituted January 1,and in both that dayis still an official holiday and the start of the year,both have accepted that the full of the Lunar New Year is too strong and it now a holiday period throughout the peninsula.

Respect for Elders

One aspect of traditional Korea that has survived is widespread heritance from Confucianism, which is a strong culture influence on the Koreanpeninsula.To show respectto the elderly and those senior in years highly regarded.It is therefore not advisable to sit until those more senior have take their seats, and it also make a good impression if you stand up when somebody more senior enter the room.

Names

The most common Korean surnames are Kim,Lee and Park,in that order. (You will also find the surnames "lee" Romanized as "Rhee","Ri","Yi","Li" and "I", although in the korea script these are all spelled the same way.

Hi Readers I'm happy while writing this chapter Hahaha. This is for my bestfriend who always becoming crazy when she heard a word "Korea" Hahaha. XD She wants to become a kpop star too #Lol but we failed when we try to Audition in JYP Ent. So sad right? Ammpf. This crazy girl wants to learn a hangul too so I decide to write this chapter for her because she also said that she really want to know the korean cultures. Hahaha, That's all guys See yah next chapter. Pls Vote below

Dafie❤