Chapter Three

Detective Sawamura had agreed to let Iwaizumi leave with his coach on the condition that he would return the day after to explain exactly what had happened after practice and before Oikawa had gone missing.

The boy was in a daze and didn't even realise when Coach Mizoguchi's car came to a halt that he was outside Matsun's house. "Hajime" he said softly, "your going to stay here for a few days. I've already spoken to Issei's parents and they are happy to let you stay ".

The boy looked at him with a blank expression, "I want to go home just in case he comes back." "You can't go home at the moment" the Coach replied, " we don't want you to be alone". "I'll be fine Sensei". "I"m sorry Hajime but you aren't allowed to go home at the moment". Iwaizumi looked confused and replied, "why not?" The elder sighed and responded, "The police are searching your house for any signs of foul play. I'm sorry but you can't go back until the have released the scene".

Coach Mizoguchi could tell the boy was shocked, "I would never hurt him. How could they think that?" "We all know that, Hajime and the police will come to the same conlusion too. You just have to be patient and let it play out. We all know how much he means to you, it's obvious, just don't give up".

The car door was opened from the outside and as Iwa looked up he saw the worried faces of his friends and team mates and it was all too much. His body was racked with sobs as the boys grabbed a hand each and guided him out of the car. "Look after him boys. I'll be back tomorrow to accompany him back to Police headquarters". Both boys bowed and responded together, "yes Sensei".

Before he knew it the boy was in Matsuns bedroom drinking green tea and trying to compose himself. Both boys were worried for their vice Captain as it was obvious that he wasn't coping with the disappearance of his closest friend.

"I need to go and look for him" the spikey haired boy suddenly said. "The team is out looking for him. You need to stay here" Makki replied. "I can't just sit here and wait for news. I need to help find him". Both boys looked at him with concern before Matsun continued, "you're not allowed to join the search yet". "Why not" the boy responded. "The Police don't want you involved because you were the last person to see him so until they can clear you you're a person of interest" Matsun looked closely at the boy as he finished what he was saying.

Iwaizumi looked defeated, "I could never hurt him, you know that, right?" "Of course" Makki responded, "everyone knows that you didn't have anything to do with his disappearance and the Police will realise that soon".

The boy looked at his friends and he knew that they believed him. "Why don't you try and get some rest and I'll keep you informed if we hear anything" Makki said whilst helping the boy onto Matsun's bed. "Ok" he responded weakly. Within minutes the boy was sound asleep.