Chapter Nine

*2 Months Later*

There is now only three girls left in the games which is Autumn, Aubree, and I, Katherine had given into Matt so her bracelet was taken. Today was Friday and also the first day of our spring break so Sarah and I were getting ready to go to a party one of her friends was throwing. I put on a burgundy long sleeve lace dress, black stiletto pumps with a rhinestone heel, diamond stud earrings, and a black heart jewel ring. All I did to my hair was curl it and for my makeup I did a smokey eye with mascara and winged eyeliner.

We left Sarah’s house a little bit after 9:00 and due to insane traffic we didn’t get there until it was almost 10:00. After parking and making our way inside we both got a drink and had little conversations with different people until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find Zack and I immediately jumped into his arms and gave him a kiss. We were still dating but due to the games and having to keep it on the down low we’ve only been able to text each other. He set me back down but still kept his arms around me as we stood there.

Z- I’ve missed you so much. He said with a fake smile.

Me- The guys have to give up sometime soon, the games have never lasted more than three months and in less than a week it’ll be the three month mark.

I spent the rest of the night hanging out with Zack and his friends after Sarah and I had split up. Zack and I were about to leave so I found her and told her I would be staying the night at his house instead of hers. We said our goodbyes and then made our way out to the car to start the long trip to his house.

We were at a stop light when Zack turned to me with a somewhat angry expression on his face.

Z- I don’t approve of anything.

Me- What? I said confused.

Z- I don’t approve of anything you’ve been doing Scar.

Me- What do you mean?

Z- I know that you’ve been fucking around with Taylor these past two months. When you said I needed to be okay with you looking and acting like a slut I didn’t care, but now that your actually being a slut and messing around with the guys you don’t seem worth it anymore. He said with venom seeping from every word.

After he said that I lost it. We started screaming at each other, I punched him, and he caught my hands right before I slapped him then everything after was a haze as it all went black.

*Hayes’ POV*

*Two hours after the accident*

I was woken up by a text from Matt in our group chat. I don’t know why in the hell he’s texting us at 3am in the fucking morning so it better be important.

M- Guys Scarlett got into a really bad car accident tonight.

My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach.

Me- Is she okay?

T- Who was she with?

M- I don’t know what condition she’s in but she was with Peterson. I’m on my way to the hospital, y’all need to meet me there.

I threw on the first pair of clothes I saw then jammed my shoes onto my feet and rushed out of my house and to the hospital as fast as I could. I got there within 30 minutes when it usually takes an hour.  I ran into the hospital to see Sarah with tears pouring down her face, Taylor and Matt had blank faces, and Peterson looked like he was about to kill Taylor. I walked over to them and sat down before I spoke.

Me- What happened?

S- Her and Zack were fighting in the car on their way home and a drunk driver crashed into her side. She said with a shaky voice.

At that point I didn’t even bother asking what they were fighting about all I wanted to know is if she was okay.

Me- Have they said anything on her condition.

S- She’s in a coma, they don’t know when she’ll wake up and they said there’s only a slim chance that she won’t wake up.

I never realized how much Scar meant to me until tonight. For the rest of the night we all sat there in silence.

*the next day*

It wasn’t until this afternoon that we heard more about Scar.

D- Who’s here for Scarlett Allen?

All of us stood up and she walked over toward us.

D- Scarlett is still in a coma but we ran some tests this morning and she is stable but she has two fractured ribs and a broken arm. Besides all that she and the baby are perfectly fine health wise.

Did she just say baby?

S- Baby?

D- Yes it seems that she’s just over two months pregnant.

M- That’s not possible she’s never slept with anyone.

S- She hasn’t, if she did she would’ve told me.

Me- Who’s baby is it?

Everybody soon went silent. All of our heads snapped over to him as he spoke up.

T- It’s mine...