10. He's Just A Bit Of A Fixer Upper

// Sam's POV

Sam paced around his palace.

"Get it together..." he whispered to himself.

"Control it...don't feel. Don't feel!"

Sam finally looked up and realized that from the walls were emerging spikes of ice and his once clear blue palace was going red and purple.

"Gabriel. If you can hear me. You have to fix this. You said they'd fall in love again-- I- I haven't heard anything from you in years...I miss you...so much...The powers you gave me, they're getting out of control. They're too powerful. I want to go home... please..." He begged.

The room only went a darker shade of red.

"Heya Sasquatch."

Sam turned around quickly and faced the trickster.

"Gabriel..."

Sam ran up to him and pulled him into a tight hug.

"There there Sammy...I know it's been rough on you but will it make you feel better if I told you it hasn't been years?"

Sam pulled away and narrowed his eyes at him.

"What?"

"It's only been a day. I just fast forwarded the story-- if you want I can make it feel like it's only been a day."

Sam nodded his head frantically. Gabriel smiled and placed two fingers on his forehead.

He was right-- it had been only a day.

"Thank you...when can we go home?"

Gabriel bit his bottom lip and placed his hands in his pockets.

"Sam...they haven't fallen in love yet. The story's almost over...don't worry...we'll go home soon."

Sam blinked away the tears in his eyes and nodded.

"Well, I better be going back to them-- I kinda froze them in time so they don't notice I'm gone." He said, putting up his hand, getting ready to snap his fingers.

"I'll see you when the story come to a-- "

Gabriel didn't get to finish because Sam grabbed his collar and crashed his lips against his. Gabriel whimpered and kissed back.

"Aw come one Sasquatch, you're making me all emotional." Gabriel looked down at his feet once they pulled away.

"I'll see you at the end of the story." Sam smiled and walked away.

Gabriel nodded and snapped his fingers-- and he was gone...again.

Sam slid down against one of the walls and brought his knees up to his chest.

+++++

"Look Sven! The sky's awake." Olaf smiled as he looked up.

Sven-- Gabriel nodded and continued walking, carefully watching Cas and Dean.

"Are you cold?" Castiel asked. Dean had his arms wrapped around himself.

"A little..." Dean sighed.

Castiel tried wrapping his arms around him but realized it was weird and ran ahead to an area where steam shot out of holes in the ground.

"Here...this should help."

Dean walked up to him and warmed his hands on the steam.

"So about my friends." Cas began. "Well they're more like family.