C7

Beginning of Something

"This is your cottage key, have a nice stay!" A lady said and gave the room key to Lou and Debbie. Unfortunately, they have paired up again, much to the Ocean Sibling's delight. They saw the chemistry between them, even though Debbie is not showing much emotion and reaction when she's with Lou.

Lou, on the other hand, as much as she's happy about it, she cannot force someone to share a room with her if they're not comfortable with it. However, Debbie said it was acceptable to her, which led them here, in front of their cottage door. Lou inserted the key and rotated it, which made the door open.

"After you," Lou mused.

Debbie stepped inside, and her mind went on a full stroke when she saw the room's decoration. There are petals dispersed on the bed, two swan towels, etc. This room screams romance. Lou was also surprised; she went outside again to look at what was written on the poster.

'Honeymooners'

Lou chuckled in amusement and went inside again.

"It seems to me that this room is for a newly-wed couple," Lou said, dropping her two bags beside the couch.

"Yeah, I figured. Damn, all I need is a little nap," Debbie responded, mumbling the latter words, and sits on the foot of the bed, only to be shocked again at how bouncy it is. She sat on it again and bounced again.

"What the-" she murmured all the while Lou was cackling on the couch.

"These people are wild," she sat up, collecting all the petals in the bed. "You don't mind helping me, do you?"

"Can you blame them? Of course, the first night of honeymoon should be wild - no, in fact, it should always be wild." Lou answered, now helping Debbie to pick up the ridiculous amount of petals.

Debbie lifted her gaze at Lou, who winked at her mischievously, which made the brunette roll her eyes slightly.

"You know, if you keep on rolling your eyes at me, you'll be blind," Lou said. "Why do you enjoy rolling your eyes at people?"

"So, what's your real job outside of being a con? We cannot always talk about myself, do we?" Debbie interrupted, doesn't want to answer Lou's silly question.

Lou's eyes widened shortly at how Debbie changed the subject flawlessly.

The blonde cleared her throat. "Would you believe when I tell you that I'm a frustrated Doctor? I was in my third-year residency when I fucking screwed up a surgery. But the question is, was it my fault? No, not really," she confessed, reminiscing about that very incident.

There was silence for a while until Debbie's laughter filled the room. Lou lifted her gaze at the brunette, and for the first time in her life, everything went blur except the woman in front of her. This is the first time she has seen Deborah laughing. The sound of her laughter is far different from the others. It touches her sap heart.

"Oh my God, I can't believe it," Debbie said, calming down. "You were a Doctor? No. I don't believe you," She added, throwing the petals to the trash bin.

The ex-doctor came back to reality.

"I-i'm not joking. I really was a Doctor."

"How did you manage to be a Doctor and a pro-con, then?" Debbie challenged.

"'Cause I'm very talented?" Lou answered like it was the most obvious answer in the world.

Debbie bit her lower lip and shrugged, which Lou noticed again, and suddenly she had trouble breathing.