Chapter 34: Back In.

December 12th, 1989. 10:24 A.M.

I saw Cort at the construction site, and wandered over. I couldn't hide the happiness on my face as he made eye contact with me, he also grinned, "Why're you so chipper this morning?"

I shrugged my shoulders, high on the feeling, "I got into my dream college, Ohio State. It's early admission." I confessed to him.

He slapped my arm, "That's great, you'll get out of this place!"

I scanned my surroundings, "I think I'll miss it more than I realise."

Cort's boss was staring at us, waiting for him to get back to work. I nudged in his direction, "How much do you get paid here?" I whispered, knowing a different job which would pay much better. I only wondered if he was up for the task.

Cort grumbled, "Not much... not much at all." he rubbed his sore neck.

"What if I told you that I had a different line of work... a little risky but makes bank, well compared to this place."

Cort trusted me. He looked back at his boss and told him to shove it in a place that doesn't shine, and followed me out of the construction. He held my damn hand as well, and we walked to his car.

December 12th, 1989. 10:41 A.M.

Cort and I rocked up at Brian and Dally's house. As we entered the living room, Soda and Brian were making out on the couch when we walked it. It warmed my heart to see them like that. Finally free to love each other, I wasn't sure how Cort would take to seeing two gay men kissing, it wasn't something you saw often around here.

He nudged me in the forearm, "When did that happen?" he asked.

I playfully hit him back, and we walked into the kitchen where Dallas was, "Hey Dal." I said, with Cort behind me.

Dallas looked Cort up and down with a scowl, before returning his gaze to me, "What's that d*ckhead doing here?"

Cort had a concerned expression on his face, "Your not going to shove in my face again, are you?" he joked.

Dallas looked at him dead serious in the eyes, "I can if you want me to. I don't spook pulling a trigger."

Brian and Soda cut the tensions by coming in, they hadn't noticed us yet, "Hey!" Brian smiled, clearly in a good mood. Soda licked his lips, probably tasting Brian on them.

"I have some news." I said, "Good news, I want back in."

"Are you sure?" Brian wondered, folding his arms over his chest, "I can't have you quitting again."

"I'm sure. I also got into that college I applied for." I confessed... then waited for their response.

"Wow!" Brian laughed, he embraced me into a hug, "I'm so happy for you. I also... applied for that college I wanted to go to."

"You did!?"

"Yeah he did. I forced him to." Soda winked before wrapping his arms around Brian's waist. He melts into him.

"Enough!" Dallas growled, avoiding looking at them, "No more coupley cr*p near me, please!"

He didn't seem too thrilled with the idea of Brian and I applying for college. I wondered if he didn't want us to leave him, or if he just didn't care all that much. It was so hard to read him because he looked mad all the time.

"Oh, come on Dal." I said, shaking his shoulders from behind before draping my arms over them.

Brian stared at Cort up and down, "What is he doing here?" he snipped.

I sighed again, "If I am back in, I want Cort to be in too."

Brian and Dallas looked at each other. I didn't have control over if they did or didn't hire him but I liked to think I could persuade them with my feminine charm. Without words they communicated through stares...

Brian finally shrugged, "You're in." he said, "On one condition, you don't tell anyone about this."

Cort grinned from ear to ear, he nodded rapidly, "Great. Great, sure." he said, "I won't tell a soul."