Old habits die hard M.S

𝓜𝓲𝓬𝓴 𝓢𝓬𝓱𝓾𝓶𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓦𝓱𝓸'𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓪𝓭𝓭𝔂?

Tracks after races were something else. The air was still electric and hungry for excitement. The crowds had dispersed, some fans left disappointed others feeling like they were on top of the world but none of them could see the track like this. Empty but not abandoned. You know that feeling when you were a kid and supposed to be asleep but you could still hear the noises of life continuing without you? It's an addictive feeling. It was a feeling that Y/N Horner craved, in fact the girl would often somehow find herself sneaking away from the remaining teams and just sit in the pit lane embracing the stillness. The metal fencing lining the pitlane was still warm to the touch, a combination of Austin's sweltering heat and the kinetic energy some ridiculously expensive cars could produce. The smell of burnt rubber was still lingering and it was comforting.

"I thought I'd find you here." a familiar voice broke the y/h girls therapeutic trance. "Old habits die hard and all that." Y/N replied quietly refusing to meet the man's gaze, she could feel it on her working over her body.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" the youngest Schumacher asked sadly, his wide blue orbs running over the y/h/c girls figure . "Mick, it's a really big deal. It's not something you can enter half-heartedly." Y/N stated softly turning and placing a supportive hand on the young man's shoulder. The pair may have been the same age but Mick was sweet and almost innocent, he had this kind and gentle aura even the thought of tarnishing that kept Y/N awake at night. Family had always been a big thing for the German and it wasn't fair for him to ruin his lifelong plans over a mistake. "You think I can't handle it?" Mick retaliated hurt. Shaking her head Y/N sighed "I have no doubt that you'd be an excellent Father Mick but with Haas and racing I don't think right now is the time." Y/N explained delicately, the Horner girl knew she had to pick her words carefully. "Es ist mir egal, ich will bei dir sein." The German mumbled softly shifting his stance; he knew that Y/N understood. That's something he loved about her, she always made an effort in learning the mother tongue of Drivers on the grid. She claimed it was a hobby that stopped her from being bored on the long race weekends but the blonde male knew Y/N loved seeing Drivers smile and appreciate her actions. The young Horner liked to feel acknowledged and valued; it made her feel like she mattered. Hell even he'd appreciated her kind words after a bad race, her German slightly incorrect but decipherable. "Do you hear yourself? Do you hear how crazy you sound!" Y/N questioned the driver throwing her arms about in exasperation. Grabbing the y/h/c woman's wildly moving limbs Mick paused for a second he knew his next action would make or break their future. "I don't care." the blonde man stated passionately drawing the woman in closer before gently brushing a lock of her y/h/c hair out of her face. "ich liebe dich" Mick continued slowly moving his soft hand to cup Y/N's face. His body movements were slow and calculated in an effort to assure himself that Y/N too wanted what was about to happen. "Can I kiss you?" The German mumbled. "You didn't have to ask Mick." Y/N replied faintly, shooting the man a small reassuring smile.