Chapter 15

- Nicole

I ran to the waiting room.

Nobody.

I ran to the front desk.

Nobody.

Where is everybody?!?!?

My sister could be dead and there's nobody in here.

"Ma'am do you need some help?" Asked a lady in her late 30's.

"Valerie Shantey Hunter.."

"Oh sweetie please take a deep breath and I'll tell you"

I looked at her and she just stared at me. Is this lady going to tell me or not.

"Sweetie..."

"Please tell me!!!" I practically yelled at her.

"Sweetie...calm down..."

"How am I supposed to calm down when my sister is in crisis and you won't tell me where she is and if she's okay!"

"Valerie...."

"Yes...!?"

"Is in a better place"

No. No. NO!!!!! She can't be. My only real family. My dad had left because he was Lebron James manager and left me alone and Valerie was all I had.

"...and so is her daughter" the lady whispered.

No!!!!!!! No my niece too. I'm alone now.

"What room was she in?" I asked her.

"356" she said.

I ran to the elevator and when I got to the room...I found she was telling the truth. No. The bed was well made and empty. I ran to the bed and felt on it. My sisters last place to be. Tears immediately flowed down my cheeks. She's gone. My phone rang and it was Chresanto.

"Hello.."

"Nicole...are you crying, how's your sister"

"She's dead..."

"No..."

"Yes...she's dead and so is my niece. Can you come to pick me up?"

"Yea, Nicole, hang in there"

I hung up and say on the nearby chair I could find. I sat down and stared at the bed. Everything happens to me. Then I slight breeze came in. Then a paper flew in and landed at my feet. I picked it up and read it....

"Nicole...don't cry sis. I'm fine and so is Chrissy. Don't worry. We're with god. Don't cry. Clean those tears and live life. Be with Chresanto. He loves you, trust me. Love you Sis. --Val"

I thought about it and she was right...I loved him back. With all my might.

[2 weeks Later]

I looked in the mirror and grabbed my belly and looked at Chresanto and smiled at him.

"Aw we're going to have an adorable baby Nicole" said Chres.

"Yes baby" I said and laughed.

I wasn't too big. I was a month. Although I could still dance. I fixed my hair and vest. Today was the day. If we win...I get to go to Juilliard.

"Ready Nicole?" Asked Chres.

"Yes" I said after I sighed.

"Don't worry...you'll survive" he said chuckling afterwards.

I smiled and playfully hit him and walked out with him. He went to his clique and I went to mine. I looked at the announcer and he introduced himself and finally it was out turn.

"Next up are the Starlight Princesses " said the male announcer and we got into position and heard the song play.

We started dancing with Aaliyah starting and me following. Darcey came up and then finally Tamara. We finished up and the song stopped. My head was down and heard clapping and cheering. I smiled and we waited for the announcer to announce the awards.

"Third place goes to... Dancing stars!"

I saw as they went up and got their small trophy.

"Now...first place goes to...."

I chewed my bottom lip and looked at Jacqueline's group. They looked confident and I as well. If we don't win...we tried. I listened to see who it was. I'm really nervous.