Ch. 23: Insufferable

Honestly just living for a protective Sakusa rn... This book has kinda turned into a Sakusa x reader uh whoops?

   "Oikawa. Get up." The brunette vaguely saw two pairs of shoes make their way towards him from the corner of his eye. "Surveillance is off, they aren't watching us anymore. Now get up, we have a lot to do."

   He slowly sat up, rubbing his pained neck as he did. "The hell was that? She sneaks up, tells me to 'play dead' for a while, and sticks me with something?!" 

   "She was given orders to kill both of you, you're lucky she didn't actually go through with it." Sakusa glared at the two, walking away before either could say anything else. "It's better that they think you're dead, for us and for her..."

   "I don't have time to lay low, we have jobs to do."

   "Which is exactly why you're going to. If you want Y/n to come back with all of her limbs attached, I suggest you go along with it." The black haired man raised his voice slightly, catching Oikawa and Kuroo off guard. "She told Kenma to give me this note, which has a time and place to meet with her. L/n wouldn't let her go anywhere unless he trusted her again, so do her a favour and act dead."

   "You saw her there, she's always been batshit crazy, she's just not doing as well in hiding it now." Kuroo scoffed. "Terushima was right, Y/n's better off there than with us."

   "Get over yourself! They have her drugged off her fucking mind, of course she can't 'hide it' as well!" Not caring about germs at the moment, he grabbed the rooster by the collar. He'd never really yelled like that before, so they knew he was serious. "When she failed an assignment or didn't meet his standards, she was beaten and tortured until she was basically at deaths door. You have no right to complain, so fuck off and play dead like she told you to." He let go of Kuroo, silence falling through the air after Sakusa slammed the door closed behind him.

   The hallways were empty for the most part, anyone that was in his way moved quickly when they saw him. "Omi! Who pissed ya off that bad?" Except for one. "Ya look like ya wanna punch someone."

   "Oikawa and Kuroo need to lay low for a while, but they're both acting dumber than you and Y/n combined." The blonde gasped dramatically, acting as if he was offended by his words. "Tell Kita that we're not working with Nekoma or Aoba Johsai anymore. Those two are insufferable."

   "What about Karasuno, Fukurodani, and Shiratorizawa?" Atsumu quirked his head in confusion.

   "That's what I'm going to figure out now." With a sigh, Sakusa walked away. He was so dead set on his self-given task that he didn't even bother asking for someone to open the door for him this time. And he couldn't care less about who he was interrupting when he barged into the room. "A word, please?" The politely phrased sentence came out as more of a threatening demand.

   "We've been let in on what was happening, but you know how their people work a lot better than any of us." Daichi started, tilting his head to tell Sakusa to sit. "First, we need to know what the L/n's are planning. Second, we need to know what Y/n is doing to counteract that and how we can help."

   His eyes widened slightly upon hearing the last part. "Then you do trust her. She was supposed to kill Kuroo and Oikawa, but she faked everything instead. As long as they're considered dead, Y/n will have L/n's trust. Even if it's just a little." He slid the small note to the middle of the table. "I'm guessing one of you knows what she means by 'The cafe'? In a week's time she'll be let out on a mission alone, she wants us to meet her there."

   "That's where Oikawa first found her. Speaking of which, should we not be discussing this with Oikawa and Kuroo as well?" Usijima glanced up, staring bullets.

   "I told them that they had to lay low and they made a fuss about it. So much for wanting to keep her safe, the minute they're too inconvenienced they abandon her." He knew that he was acting almost as childish as them by saying it. He just didn't care. "I refuse to work with those self centred idiots. You either agree to help us without them, or we'll handle this alone."

   "You're also an idiot for thinking you can go in alone. You're strong, but they know you'll eventually come for her, it's an obvious trap." Daichi took the note that he had earlier thrown, looking it up and down. "That said, you won't be going in alone. We need a plan and a lot of organizing, L/n is a dangerous man."

   "I know that better than most." Sakusa sighed again, leaning forward in the chair and resting his chin on his now interlocked, gloved hands. "What I also know, is that Y/n is just as dangerous when it comes down to it."