chapter twenty-four

~Haylie's point of view ~
We got to the dance and went inside, we went back stage and a few minutes later Bob showed up. "Hey Bob, you got the paint?", "Yeah...I'm so ready to give this bitch her karma". We put the paint into a bucket and put it above of the spot Cherry was gonna stand in when she gets crowned queen. We all went back to the dance floor and waited for our highlight of the night.

An hour later the teacher went on stage to announce the winners, "Hello students, the winners of king and queen are.....Randy Anderson and Sherri Valance". Cherry and Randy went onto the stage and she was in the exact spot I needed her to be in, Bob was backstage and he pulled the rope and the red paint poured all over her, she was so embarrassed...she looked mortified. She stomped of the stage and left, I have was so happy. She deserved it, she pressured her boyfriend into bullying me, she tried to steal my boyfriend, and she is a jealous little bitch. I might be a bitch but she's definitely a bigger bitch. After the dance Soda and I were driving home, "So how mad do you think Cherry was on a scale of 1-10?", "Definitely a 10. Her face turned so red I thought she was gonna explode". We both laughed, "I just don't get why she gets to be so much better than me", "Cherry isn't better than you Haylie...", "Than why does she treat me like garbage...I never did anything to her", "She's jealous Haylie...very jealous."

~Cherry's point of view~

I was covered head to toe in red paint. I had an idea of who did it, it was probably Bob. He's still mad at me, all I did was tell him to be mean to Haylie....the only reason I wanted him to do that is because I'm very jealous of her. Why does she get cool friends, and why does she get to go out every night, why does she get a nice car, why does she get a pretty face and a pretty boyfriend too? She doesn't deserve Sodapop Curtis, he's a total babe and he's waisting his time on Haylie Johnson. What's so great about Haylie Johnson? She's a normal person like everyone else and everyone acts like she is the best person on earth....it's so unfair.

~Julie's point of view~

Haylie got home from the dance and went into her room. I followed her into her room and she was packing a bag. "Where the hell do you think your going?", "Oh I'm going to Soda's house", "Does mom know?", Hell no. She has been following me around and trying to take me to therapy so I'm going to Soda's for a break", "Haylie...maybe mom's right. Maybe therapy will help you", "Julie nothings going to help me...." Haylie went out the window and climbed down the tree and than she was gone, I was so worried about her that I decided to follow her because I wanted to make sure she got there safely. So a few minutes later I climbed out her window and onto the tree and started heading to the Curtis house in the dark.

~Haylie's point of view~

I got to the Curtis house and went inside, I went up to Soda's room and he was confused and surprised to see me. "Haylie!?! What are you doing here?", "Oh I just wanted to get out of the house, mom has been pressuring me about therapy...she really thinks I need it", "Haylie maybe she's right...she just wants to help", "I know but...I don't want therapy...I'm fine and she just doesn't understand that", "Whatever you say pretty girl". A few minutes later I was stretching when I decided to try and do a back bend to crack my back, I was trying to do one when I suddenly got this aching pain in my lower back and I fell. "Haylie!!!! Are you okay?", "...no. I can't do things I used to be able to do before the crash....", "Honey it's okay....you will be able to do them eventually", "Soda don't you see....I can't do anything right. A couple days ago at school I couldn't even take notes because my hand hurt too bad to write them...the teacher made a big deal about it and said, "Haylie it's okay that you can't do things you used to do before your car crash, let me help you." "Soda I was utterly embarrassed...it's like I'm helpless...I've lost any talent that I had". Sodapop moved closer to me and put his arm around me, "Haylie your not helpless, your perfect. Just because you can't do things you used to do before doesn't mean you won't do the again", "I just...I want to be my old self again".

________________________________
Sorry this took so long. I have been so busy, I love anyone that's reading this!
~kass