chapter twenty-six

~Haylie's point of view~

Does my mother actually believe I'm gonna do therapy? I just said that so she would stop hounding me about it. I know I need to talk to someone about what happened to me....but it's just not gonna happen. Today is Monday...and today for the first time in my life I am going to skip school...I feel guilty about it but I just need a break. I called Soda and told him I will drive myself to school today, he asked why so I just told him I was running late. I left without Julie and drove around town for awhile, I waited until my parents left for work and Julie left for school. I went back home and went into my parents liquor cabinet and took some vodka, I know what I am gonna do today is wrong....but I'm gonna do it anyways.

~Sodapop's point of view~

Haylie called me earlier and said she was gonna drive herself to school today because apparently she was running late, but she never showed up at school which worried me. I went through the day worrying about her.

~Haylie's point of view~

I sat at the lot all day trying to open the vodka...but I couldn't bring myself to do it, it wasn't right. Eventually I opened the bottle and started drinking it and man I felt good, it was like all my problems disappeared. Later that night I headed over to Buck Merrill's party...and can I just say I was very very drunk.

~Sodapop's point of view~

I was chilling at home with most of the gang when the phone rang, I picked it up and it was dally. "Soda you gotta come to Buck's place right now", "Wait why? What's wrong?", "It's your girlfriend...she's drunk", "What? That's impossible Haylie has never drank in her life", "Soda I'm not messing around...she showed up to Buck's party drunk...right now she is dancing on the table", "IM ON MY WAY." I ran out the house and got into my truck, I basically sped all the way to Buck's house. I walked into the party and Dally was waiting for me, "Hey Soda you gotta see this", he brought me into the dining room area and everyone at the party was crowed around a table...and on this table was my girlfriend dancing. I was shocked...she was really drunk...my Haylie would never get drunk. "Haylie...you gotta get down from their...I need to take you home", "Hell no! I'm having fun!!", "Haylie this isn't like you", "Stop it Soda just because your my hot boyfriend doesn't mean you can tell me what to do", "Oh really?." I picked her up off of the table and brought her outside, I put her down. "What the hell Soda, I was having fun", "Haylie your drunk...you have never acted like this", "Well maybe I wanna start acting like this", "No you don't Haylie. Do you wanna tell me what's going on?." She just looked at me, she moved closer to me and started kissing my neck, "Haylie please talk to me...I wanna know what's wrong", "I'm perfectly fine", "No..no your not. Please talk to me I'm your boyfriend", "Yeah your my super hot hot boyfriend." She went back to kissing my neck, I wanted to help Haylie...but I can't, she's not gonna tell me what's wrong. "Haylie I should take you home", "NO. If my parents see me like this...they will kill me", "Fine. You can stay at my house." I got her into my truck and drove her home, we walked inside and the gang looked at us confused, I looked at them, "She got drunk and went to Buck Merrill's party." They all laughed, I just rolled my eyes. Haylie and I sat down on the couch and she got on top of me, "Soda are you gonna fuck me?", "No Haylie...I am not going to", "Why not?", "Because your drunk", "Your no fun." I brought her up to my room and laid her in my bed, she pulled me down next to her, "Sodapop I love you", "I love you too Haylie", "When are you gonna marry me?", "Soon I hope...."

~Julie's point of view~

Haylie has been missing all day, first she leaves for school without me and she didn't even show up at school, second she never came home. To keep my parents from freaking out I told them she stayed the night at a friends house because of a project, but I really don't know where my sister is. I'm guessing she's with Sodapop so I decided to call the Curtis house. I dialed their number, after a few rings Sodapop picked up, "Soda is Haylie with you? She's been missing all day", "Uh yeah...I picked her up from Buck Merrill's place, she got drunk." I swear I almost passed out, my sister would never drink...she's too scared to do that. "Sodapop did you just say that my sister was drunk?", "Uh yeah...Dally called me and told me she showed up their already drunk", "I can't believe that...thank you for keeping her safe", "Of course....I just wanna know why she won't talk to me", "She won't talk to anybody...it's really scaring me. Haylie Johnson is no longer Haylie Johnson."

~Haylie's point of view~

I woke up with a pounding headache. I sat up and realized I was in Soda's room...but he wasn't next to me. I went downstairs to a empty house...everyone was gone, it was 8:00 am which meant school had all ready started. I found a note on the table addressed to me, it read, "Dear Haylie, Hey...so last night wasn't a great night for you, you got drunk and went to Buck Merrill's party and danced on a table for the whole crowd to see. I'm worried about you...I wanna know why your acting like this...I want to help you. I'm in love with you Haylie Johnson...I want you to talk to me. I love you <3 , love Sodapop Curtis."