Chapter 24

On their ways towards Castelia City, to battle bug specialist by the name of the Burgh. They wander free into the forest connected to busy city. Psyched to find the gym many days of walking took them. "Snivy snivy!" Snivy teased hopping off her trainers back.

"Snivy just because you're a pokemon doesn't mean you can brag about your climbing skills," Arie admitted, folding her arms to show the emotion of jealousy.

"Snivy!" Snivy laughed.

"Oh just you wait Snivy! I bet I could climb that tree in seconds! 20 seconds in fact!" Arie bet, pointing at a tree.

"Well I can do it 10 seconds flat!" Ash bragged.

"Psh! Please Ash have you ever even climbed a tree before?" Arie inquired

"Well! I havent, but I know I can!" Ash replied annoyed.

"Oh yea, lets see, first person to reach the top of those to giant trees, get to go on a shopping spree at Castelia City's department store with the losers money!" Arie bet pointing towards a tree far from where Snivy was standing.

"Pika!"

"But I dont have any money, Arie!" Ash said.

"Well boo hoo! Deal made! Cilan!" Arie paused twisting her head towards Cilan untill she made direct eye contact.

"You keep up with the time!" Arie demanded.

"I don't know, Arie, that tree doesn't look that sturdy me," Cilan worried.

"The less sturdy the more fun it is Cilan!" Ash expressed.

"Here Cilan!" Arie hollered, tossing a small timer towards Cilan.

"Set it to twenty and we will start!" Arie informed.

Directions followed, repeatedly pressing the button that permitted you to set the alarm in seconds. Finally setting the alarm to 20 seconds, the race had finally began. "Ready! Began!"

"Pika pikachuuu!" The two "coaches" hollered giving directions.

The two opponents took the hint of the race starting and gradually pulling on towards the coffee-brown colored bark. The tree was rough, making the route difficult to climb and reach the top. "Snivy snivy!!"

"Pika pika!" The pokemon anticipated.

The contest between pokemon master wannabe, Ash, and daughter of grass-master, Arie was almost coming towards an end. The confident trainer grab on one of the final branches need to climb to succeed to victory.

Climbing the last branch was no easy task, it took lot's of weight and strength to pull up, but Ash was just the guy to do it. "That's it! I win and you loose! Face it Arie I'm better at climbing then you are!" Ash bragged.

"Pikaaachu!!!" Pikachu cheered.

"Snivy snivy," Snivy

"Ash please, I only lost by a second!" Arie angered, finally finishing her climb up the tree.

"And how are you two going to get down?" Cilan worried.

"Aha! Good question! Well, I have to many blisters so Whimsicott psychic!" Arie instructed tossing a red and black pokeball that was owned by her whismiscott into the day sky.

The pokemon elegantly exited its pokeball. Its eyes glowed with bright green aura, the relevant aura that surrounded Arie, Snivy, and Ash, placing them gently onto the smooth ground.

"Pika pika pikachu!" Pikachu overjoyed soaring onto his trainers shoulder.

"Thanks whimsicott! Return!" Arie demanded, pulling the pokeball back out for the pokemon to return.