an eternity with you

The sky was roaring exceptionally loud that day. Thunderbolts crashing, buildings crumbling, there were screams of despaired civilians that could be heard.

It was another bloody battle, a fierce one.

A man with red hair was huffing as he glared at the other redhead. Even though he was wearing a mask, the gaze was sharp, the other one felt it too. Beyond that white mask was a man who had unmatched fury.

Even though Cale was tired after using all that he had, he managed to curl his lips up in a smirk as his usual calm self.

"Now, now, no need to glare at me like that, White Star, it's just our second face to face meeting! How about a smile?" He chimed, mocking him. He looked at the perpetrator of this mess, this chaos, as if he were amused.

"Cale... Henituse.... you son of a bitch." White Star said his name like a curse, a curse he found hard to undo and remove.

Almost like the lifelong hex similar to his damned reincarnations.

Their second meeting to fight, to face each other on opposing sides like it's always been.

Cale has been going around sabotaging all of White Star's plans. So he knew the masked villain was irritated and frustrated beyond belief, because nothing went according to his schemes. All because of a single human like him.

Grunting and sweating, they were both exhausted from using all their powers.

White Star looked around, he noticed many people on his side were already defeated, exhausted from the faceoff. He could see a red-haired mage causing mana explosions, the raven swordmaster slicing through their defenses, a golden haired man who looked like an elf was helping children to make their way to where Cale and him were.

'This situation...the tides aren't in our favor anymore.' White Star glanced at his hand; it was bleeding. Injuries littered his body, blood soaking his cloak.

'It really isn't looking for us right now, dammit..' He looked up to see Cale's allies gathering together again.

He looked around for a chance to escape. But he had something in mind; he did not want to leave with just his side taking the damage.

He noticed the mage who was going to cast the teleportation magic already heading his way. Smirking, an idea popped in mind. Something devious and despairing enough for a good revenge.

While Cale was still busy rounding up with his people, he heard his name being called out.

"CALE HENITUSE!"

It was a voice filled with rage.

Cale turned towards the source of that voice but it was too late. White Star was now already standing in front of him with a sword in hand.

"Cale!"

"Cale-nim!"

"Cale-nyaa!"

"Human!"

His comrades all rushed to his side, as fast as he could. But his allies who were dragging their strengthless body realized something as they moved.

'It's too late.'

'We won't make it.'

Maybe it was exhaustion from the fight that their bodies were on the verge of giving up. They looked at how close White Star had gone to Cale. In a mere few seconds, it would all be over.

And it wasn't the conclusion they wanted.

As their heads were filling up with despair and horror, they felt a gust of air pass by them.