Married to an Idol pt. 2

The next day, Jisoo woke up with a massive headache. She groaned awake, earning Jennie's attention, who just entered their room.

"You're awake." Jennie placed down the glass of water on the nightstand before helping her wife up. "Have some water."

"I'm sorry." That was the first thing Jisoo said after taking the hangover pill Jennie prepared for her.

"Why are you apologizing?" Jennie asked, trying to make eye contact with Jisoo. But the latter was eager on avoiding her gaze. Jisoo didn't reply. She just hung her head low and watched her fingers fidget on her lap. She wasn't apologizing for drinking without telling Jennie. She wasn't apologizing for being distant recently. Instead, Jisoo was apologizing for being Jennie's wife. She was so close to bringing those divorce papers up Jennie's face. The only thing that was keeping her was her selfish heart. "Love.. Chu, is there something you want to tell me?"

"Can you go out with me today?" Jisoo asked and Jennie couldn't be happier. Although a part of Jennie was telling her that there are still things they need to talk about, she decided to put them down for now. She just wants to be with her wife again, like the old times.

"I'd be happy to."

Their date went well. They managed to talk like a normal couple. However, good things don't seem to last between the two. Unfortunately, Jennie got recognized when they were walking around in the mall. In no time at all, the news that Jennie was having a date with a woman has spread like wildfire. The worse thing is, the fans speculated it was Lisa. And once again, Jisoo was taken out of the picture.

Jennie got summoned to her company ASAP, while Jisoo anxiously waited for her return. Seconds, minutes, hours passed by, and she was yet to hear from her wife. Jisoo couldn't take it anymore. She was about to drive off to her wife's agency when the huge billboard displayed in the middle of the city flashed the most heart breaking news she has ever seen.

'Breaking News: YG entertainment confirms Blackpink Jennie and Lisa's dating allegations.'

Jisoo looked at the passenger seat and saw the envelope just resting there in peace. It seems like in the end, I still have to hand you over.

Jisoo drove to the agency where reporters are currently mobbing the entrance. She was recognized by the staff so she managed to get in through the back door. Jisoo went straight to the meeting room where she knew her wife might be. The envelope containing the papers to end their relationship was tightly clutched by her trembling hands. Is she really going to do this?

"L-love," Jennie called her weakly the moment her eyes laid on Jisoo's professional poker face. "This.. I can explain. I-"

"Explain what, Jennie?" That's it. She's doomed. Jisoo's tone. Her aura. They're all telling Jennie one thing. She truly has broken her wife. "You know, I understand this is all just a part of your career. But Jen, I don't know where I even stand in this relationship anymore."

"Chu, I'm sorry," Jennie pleaded. She tried to approach her but she was blocked with the envelope Jisoo held between them.

"Enough is enough, Jen. All I ever needed was a little recognition. If not from other people, at least maybe from you." Jisoo's voice almost cracked when the mask she put on earlier has completely brokn into tiny pieces. A tear escaped her eye as she was struggling to recompose herself. "But you couldn't even give that to me.."

Jennie took the envelope. She was hesitating because she never wanted to take her eyes off Jisoo, scared that she will vanish into thin air. When she finally took the papers out, she felt her whole world crumble down. Jisoo wants divorce.