A Perfect Family (1)

It all started three months ago. For some reason, Jisoo started becoming so short-tempered and over possessive. She used to be so sweet and fun, easy-going at every mistake, flexible and not a crazy perfectionist. But now, Jennie could only sigh whenever she thinks about it.

Jisoo, her wife, became the epitome of stress. Jennie wouldn't say she became grumpy, she just forgot how to have fun - the very word that used to describe her. She gradually lost time for her and their six-year-old daughter, always at work, never where she should be. In fact, Jennie was starting to suspect she was having an affair.. with that sexy intern who just joined their department.

"Mom, can you play with me?" Jennie heard Ella ask her wife. The little girl held her barbie dolls in her tiny hands and she was looking up at her mother with puppy eyes.

However, Jisoo was too busy to even notice the cute tone in her voice. She was reading a file. She needed to review everything about her patient in order to determine whether he needs a surgery or not.

"Sorry, sweetie, I'm busy," Jisoo answered shortly, eyebrows furrowed. "Go ask your mommy."

"But-"

"Ella, please!" Jisoo sighed in annoyance. She ruffled her hair madly before walking out to her study room.

Ella looked down in defeat and she started sobbing immediately. Her mother used to be fun and cool. She never turned her down before. But nowadays, she was only about work and nothing else.

Ella could take that, however, not the angry look her mother gave her before she left. In her mind, she made Jisoo was mad and now she hates her.

"Ella, sweetie." The little girl looked up when she heard Jennie's sweet, calming voice.

Jennie's heart crushed at the sight of her daughter's teary eyes. She immediately hugged her.

"Ssh.. Please don't cry, sweetie. It's okay. Your mom didn't mean to raise her voice."

"M-mom h-hates me," Ella cried in her arms.

"No, no, baby.. She loves you very much." Jennie tried her best to calm her daughter down. "Please undertand your mom for now. She is just really busy, okay?"

The changes in Jisoo's behavior did not end that way. She also started to get easily suspicious of Jennie's every move.

One time, Jennie asked Kai to fetch their daughter since they were both busy with their own works. She thought it was fine because she trusts Kai and the little girl loves him. Besides, Jisoo never had any problems with him before. However, when Jisoo later found out about it, she was furious. They got into a heated argument, with Jisoo accusing Jennie of cheating.

Like this night..

Jennie could feel her wife's hot breath on her neck, her sweet, feather kisses were trailing down her shoulders.

"Jen, I missed you." Jennie could recognize that tone from a mile away. She missed her wife too, but she was so exhausted that day. All she wanted was to sleep.

"Jisoo, not now, please," Jennie tried to turn her down as soft as possible. "I'm tired from work."

However, Jisoo was not listening. She kept kissing her neck and her hands started to travel on her chest. Having enough of the ministrations, Jennie held her still and threw a stern look.

"Please, Jisoo. I'm really tired. Work-"

"Work?" Jisoo scoffed bitterly as she finally put a distance between them. "You're tired from work? Or from fucking with Kai?"

"Jisoo, not this again, please." Jennie tried to hold her hand but Jisoo had slipped off the bed before she could reach her.

"What, Jen? You think I wouldn't know?" Jisoo looked back at her angrily. "You did your best trying to hide them from me, but your daughter told me everything. How many times have you called him over? How many times have you reached our bedroom, Jennie? Tell me!"