Be happy pt. 1

"Thank you again for letting me stay in your house for a while," Jennie spoke as she pulled her luggages inside the room where Irene led her. She just got a promotion which required her to move through two cities. It happened all so sudden so she didn't have time to actually prepare or find a new place. Thankfully, her best friend, Irene was kind enough to wlecome her in their home until Jennie finds a suitable place of her own.

"Nah. You're actually doing me a favor for staying here. It gets really boring with just me and my sister in the house." Irene helped her with the last of her baggage before sitting on the bed for a short rest.  She noticed how Jennie stiffed at the mention of her sister. They haven't met each other yet so knowing her best friend, she's probably worried they might not get along. "My sister is a really sweet person, Jen. I mean, sure she can be a little weird, I'm positive you two will get along."

Jennie flashed a smile, feeling her heart lighten at Irene's words. She's heard enough stories from Irene to know that her sister was a nerd who barely shows any emotion nor interest on anything else not related to science.

"So anyway, this will be your room. I'll leave you now to unpack, but I'll be downstairs if you need me."

Jennie thanked her one last time before she disappeared behind the door. Looking at her luggages, Jennie heaved a sigh and slumped on the bed, too lazy to do anything right now. After all, she just got off a five-hour flight.

She was looking at the ceiling blankly when her mind brought her back to a six-year old memory again - way back when she was being such an ass. I wonder how you are now.

***

The next day, Jennie left early to report to the company she was going to work with. She's a designer of clothes and she couldn't be any happier with her job. It's just that sometimes, with all the stress and lack of inspiration, designing can be really tough at times. After discussing the new theme for the annual fashion show, Jennie was free to go.

She went straight to a café Irene mentioned as they were supposed to hang out today with the rest of the gang. It didn't take her much effort to find the group of friends bickering at a corner.

"Hey guys!" Jennie greeted once she sat on the empty chair. Everyone cheered at her presence and if Irene didn't shut them, Lisa and Seulgi probably won't stop squealing. "So what'd I miss?"

"Nothing much," Rosé shrugged. "And we already got you a drink. The usual strawberry milkshake."

Jennie uttered a quick 'thanks' as she reached for the refreshment.

"Oh, by the way, my sister is coming to join us if you guys don't mind," Irene spoke when she remembered inviting her sister to pull her away from work once in a while.

"Not at all, I actually miss that nerd. I haven't seen her in like, two months," Seulgi replied and the rest nodded in agreement. Not Jennie though. Unlike the others who got the chance to be introduced to Irene's family, Jennie hasn't met the girl yet.

"Yeah, she's been really busy recently," Irene sighed. Jennie noticed the slight drop in Irene's mood. She must really love her sister. There was a short moment of silence in the group as they all started to feel the atmosphere getting heavy.

"Oh, hey she's here!" It was all thanks to her perfect timing that the suffocating air began to disperse. Lisa was quick to recognize the girl who looked as ethereal as always even in a simple over sized shirt and a mini shorts which exposed her firm, creamy legs to the public. "Jisoo! Over here!"

Jennie froze at the mention of that name. Could it be? She felt her insides churn as she battled with herself if she heard it right. Jisoo. She can't be.. Her thoughts were confirmed the moment she heard the familiar voice approach them. Jisoo greeated everyone as she sat on the  empty chair beside Irene. It seems like she hasn't noticed the presence of Jennie yet, as she was busy talking to the others. Chu. It's you. It's really you.