Chapter 31

*GuHai*

YiYang feels like a rock submerged a hundred feet underwater. He feels lost and at a loss for words. His brother had just finished telling him who he was...who his human mate was. The crown prince knew more now than he did half an hour ago. However, that didn't mean he could wrap his mind around it.

"Brother, are you with me?" YiHuang calls. There is an urgency, a kind of desperation behind his words as his hand settles on the crown prince's shoulder.

The words and the way his younger brother's eyes search his grounds the crown prince. 'Now is not the time to fall apart. At least, YiHuang is still my brother...he is my cousin. Professor Kwan's son.' He nods. "I think I understood most of it." He tries to sound all business-like and starts counting on his fingers:

* There were three seeds, not two like father believes.

* The Elders misinterpreted the words of the First.

* Your human is the first, and you are the second.

* Something is obstructing your view of the third. But you believe that it might be the man who attacked the Resistance Facility.

* Professor Kwan may be your father.

* You share combined consciousness, or something like that with the officer, and since he landed on TengFei, both of you have been having visions.

* The reason Professor Kwan knew about dimensions and believed in you is because his father's sister, Princess Daiyu, could walk through dimensions and create rifts in time and space as well.

YiYang takes a deep breath. Overwhelmed. "It's a lot to take in, Ah-Huang. Even so, how could father not find fault with the way the words of the first were interpreted."

YiHuang finds the statement odd, "Brother, do you know the words of the first?"

The older prince nods, "Ah-Kun told me about it. When we were not yet of age, he caught a glimpse of the words in his father's library. Even though father has tried to keep it under wraps, I more or less know what is on his mind. He believes that when the planets align, the stolen 'Key' will return to TengFei." He looks between Zhang and his younger brother, "With the blood of the seeds, the First shall rise. He, with the help of XudianJi, will lead us out of our troubles." He takes a deep breath, "I am presuming that that's not the case, am I right?"

YiHuang purses his lips, and Zhang nods.

"You don't want to tell me what the words of the first actually mean, do you?" YiYang's question is met with silence. He averts his eyes, "It's alright. I understand that the lesser I know, the better it is for me if I am questioned." He sighs, "I think father was behind the sabotage of Resistance Facility. You must have thought the same, am I right?"

Zhang nods. "Yes. We agree. The assailant had great power. We have reasons to believe that the person working for the Emperor is the third seed. Not only was he able to enter the facility without arousing suspicion, but he was also able to get the information, destroy the master server and manipulate everyone's memories as well. That, coupled with the fact that we still haven't been able to see past the haze when it comes to the third seed, gives us reason to believe that he is the one we are looking for."

The three get talking once again, discussing, connecting the dots, and deciding on the next course of action.
After much deliberation, they decide that the princes should present themselves to the Emperor and keep the Emperor distracted, thus buying time for Zhang to test Xue. Zhang suggests YiHuang think of a way to protect YiYang's mind from the assailant. After all, from what they had witnessed at the Resistance Facility, they knew that the assailant could access and manipulate memories, and it would be disastrous if YiYang fell prey to it.