𝟻𝟶 - 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜

There's going to be quite a few POV changes in this chapter but it's only because there's so much going on, so I hope that doesn't get annoying for  any of you 💕 I just really didn't want to write in third person, it's not my favorite to write.

3.9k words
༻✦༺

Anakin's POV
"Are you going to call her back?" Piett asked while I watched a couple of guards quickly wheel Cal down a narrow hall, leading towards the infirmary. He appeared to be struggling to breathe, and although it's part of the plan, it still made me nervous.

I nodded as I took a drink of the overly sweet iced coffee I brought to help keep my nerves calm. Drinking it now takes me back to when (y/n) would bring me one during our sessions. I always adored that despite her dislike for the sweetness—she cringed every-time she took a sip of it—she still made it that way everyday, just because it's how I liked it.

It's a small act of kindness, but I believe its one of the reasons I started to hopelessly fall for her. She could have easily brought two drinks, but she only ever brought the one - she liked sharing with me. And to be honest, for someone who's not big on sharing, I didn't mind it either.

But she always had a way of bringing out a different side of me, even since the very beginning - I was just too stubborn at the time to allow myself to acknowledge it. I also happened to like the way the tip of her tongue touched the straw before her lips did, and I couldn't wait to do the same knowing the taste of her would be on it.

Piett hummed as he tossed my cellphone that was in one of the cup holders onto my lap, "But she called you three times."

I swallowed the sweetened contents that blessed my taste buds and set the coffee back down in the holder, "She's probably just drunk calling me, you saw how the girls get when they drink together," I guessed with a huff. She was nervous when I left, and when she's nervous, a night of alcohol soon follows, "Or maybe she realized I took the card with me so she couldn't make any outrageous purchases while we were gone." I rolled my eyes; grabbing the phone and setting it back in the empty cup holder next to my drink.

I may be.. wealthy so money isn't an issue, but I'm not stupid. I know the real reason she's been overly shopping lately; she hasn't fully dealt with any of her trauma. Which includes Jackson's abuse; losing herself to the point of murder; whatever happened with her parents, I hardly know anything about them, all I know is that the relationship didn't end well; and then of course there's the way I betrayed her trust and abandoned her.

She's choosing to push it all away instead of facing it head on. So she's distracting herself with all these new things, most of which she hasn't even bothered to touch.

You would think for being a therapist, she'd have better coping mechanisms.

And I did want to call her back, hell I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already missing the sound of her voice. But I wanted my attention to solely be on this, I couldn't afford any distractions right now.

Piett still seemed bothered by the fact that I wouldn't call her back right away. I figured it was just his overworking anxiety, as usual, "I'll call her then, just to check on her and Aya." He pulled out his own phone and began going through the contacts.

"They're fine, Aya can handle herself and I have more security in place than necessary," I mumbled, watching as they wheeled Cal through the infirmary doors. Unfortunately there aren't any cameras inside of the infirmary. Certain laws forbid it, it's a privacy thing, and also incredibly inconvenient right now.