Chapter Eighteen

| FINAL GOODBYES |

"And... I... am... Iron Man." Tony snapped his fingers, a bright white light shone, making Cassie shield her eyes. While being distracted, one of Thanos' minions took that distraction and attacked her.

She landed hard on her back before holding the Outrider up so it wouldn't bite her face. Just as she was about to stab it, it turned to dust. All the weight left from on top of her, making her look around in shock.

It was like five years ago in Wakanda, but the twist was it wasn't the good guys dying. It was the bad guys. Eventually, someone walked up to her and held a hand out. She had no idea who it was, but she used it gratefully to hoist herself off the ground.

"That hurts like a bitch." She groaned, turning to thank whoever help her from the ground. "Thank..." She allowed herself to become speechless when she saw Bucky standing in front of her with a smile. "Jamie?" She whispered, not knowing if she was dreaming or not.

"Well, who else would it be?" Bucky only had to say one sentence before the redhead tightly gripped onto him, not letting go.

"Oh, how much I missed you, Bucky." She pulled back to cup his face and take in every detail of him.

Bucky smiled, not understanding how much she missed him over the five years. And he never would understand, because to him, it only felt like he passed out for an hour at most. But Cassie had to live five years without him.

But Cassie smile instantly fell when she felt the strong feeling in her stomach. "Tony." She whispered, scanning the scene for the billionaire. "Oh, my God." She quickly rushed over to where everyone was gathering at his slumped body.

The side of his face was burnt, like Thanos' five years ago. Peter was knelt in front of him, devastated at the sight. Tony was like a father to him. A father figure he was deprived of. "Mr Stark? Hey!" He started panting unevenly. "Mr Stark. Can you hear me? It's Peter." His voice started to waver as he held back tears "Hey. We won, Mr Stark. We won, Mr Stark. We won! You did it sir you did it." Eventually, Peter started crying over his body and Pepper had to pull him off "I'm sorry. Tony."

Peter looked over at Cassie who stood beside Bucky, in front of everyone. The redhead and the seventeen-year-old boy made eye contact, Cassie made a single gesture with her head. Signalling him to come over. He didn't hesitate to walk over to her and tightly wrap his arms around her shoulders.

"Everything will be okay, kid." She whispered, trying to console the poor boy. He was so young, he shouldn't have been experiencing this. At his age, Cassie was working, studying and hanging out with friends. Not watching her father figure die in front of her.

"Hey." Pepper knelt in front of her husband.

"Hey, Pep." Tony softly spoke, not having the energy to speak any louder than a whisper. But he managed to move his hand on top of Peppers that was over his arch reactor that was on his suit.

"FRIDAY?"

"Life functions critical." The Irish AI answered. Making Tony weakly smile and slightly turn his head.

"Tony? Look at me." Pepper softly spoke to the dying man. "We're going to be okay." She reassured him. Smiling sadly. "You can rest now." Pepper bowed her head as she held back sobs. But when the light started to disappear, she pressed a kiss on his cheek before sobbing. Her head rested on Tony's chest.